Sauna Suits

Options
has anyone used them? do they actually work? I've had several people tell me I should wear one when I go to the gym or when I'm jogging with Gypsie.

Replies

• Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    just losing water weight.
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Don't do it, its not safe. You should be exercising in loose comfortable clothing. Please don't do it :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • charliesgold
    charliesgold Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Dangerous, dangerous, dangerous.
  • SillySkittles
    SillySkittles Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it. The only person that I know who ever used one was a friend of mine in high school and he was a wrestler. Basically he wore it a couple days before weighing in. It pretty much dumps water weight (and not ACTUAL weight) so that when he weighed in, he could weigh as less as possible. As soon as the weigh-in was over, he went into overdrive to put back as much weight as possible so that he'd be the heaviest in his lower weight class.

Besides sounding really gross (he told me that after a run in it, he'd lift up the top and all this sweat would come pouring out....) he said that technically it's pretty dangerous if you do it too much and it's only for a short term fix and doesn't necessarily help you lose weight in a healthy manner.
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    I've seen women at the gym pass out while wearing these. They aren't a good idea.
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    I use one everyday...I have never had a bad experience with it and I've been using it for years. It helps me...but don't take my word for it....thats a personal decision. I've personally have never heard of or seen anyone pass out or faint from it. It does help you lose that water weight, but like my trainer says as soon as you hydrate your body again it comes right back...I'm just one of those people that doesn't sweat very much no matter how hard I exercise...so it makes me feel better when I take that suit off and sweat pours out in the floor...LOL

Just be careful if you decide to use it. Listen to your body.