My Journey to lose over 100 pounds in college

Options
beforeNafter-1.jpg

My weight has been an issue ever since I started High School. I noticed I was getting bigger as the pant sizes went up, shirts became smaller on me, and I would get stared at when I would eat junk food. :( My problem would also be associated with eating on the down low. I would never let anyone know I was eating because I would always eat hidden. This was a problem because my parents would be cooking all these healthy meals but I just ate junk food when I was by myself. In the beginning of 2011 I was a whopping 304 pounds and I felt so uncomfortable in my skin. I didn't fit in roller coasters, I had high blood pressure, I wouldn't even dress nice. I was that fat guy that would wear basketball shorts, t shirt, and crocks to class (yea I know...sad) It all changed in april when my doctor told me I would eventually die if I kept on with the things I would eat, he told me I was too young to be this sad with my weight.
tumblr_m1oh8hfEYg1qcr1qe-1.gif

This is when things changed.

On April 17,2011 I began my lifestyle change. I started to use my fitness pal for everything. Everything I ate was put into my diary. It was so easy to use it to find how many calories everything had. I hit so many bumpy roads, during the summer because I went on vacation. But I never gave up. I had a vision board in my room filled with pictures for inspiration, and I would see youtube videos and posts of people's progress so I can keep myself motivated. Then november came.....And I lost it with eating...I just ate...and ate...and ate... I had put on 20 of the 60 pounds I had lost. I was so depressed with myself and I felt like food was winning. I just kept on bing eating...and binge eating....and binge eating... I felt like I was in such a downward spiral.

tumblr_m140ecF3551qcr1qe.gif

I was so mad at myself for breaking my diet that I deleted my fitness pal and I felt like I would never get back up....Until one day I woke up and said to myself "I will look good for me, and I will not stop because I want to be an inspiration." I wanted that beach body, I wanted to be proud of myself and I wanted other to be proud of me. So I put on my running sneakers and made another my fitnesspal account and I went for a run. My runs would help me think of re-evaluate my life, it also made me feel like I was getting away from my problems. And believe me I needed this escape...I was so busy studying for college..applying to universities....I even battles some eating disorders (but thats another story). And now...I weighed myself last week and I finally weigh under 200 pounds. I haven't weighed this little since freshman year. I could literally write a book about my weight loss but this is just a brief summary. And now I am running 7 miles and feel amazing with my body.

tumblr_m1i63xt1cr1qcr1qe.gif

Thank guys much love!

If you have a tumblr follow me!!! damnhesfit.tumblr.com

Replies

• goodfido
    goodfido Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Great story, Very inspirational! Wishing you continued success!
  • Tiff587
    Tiff587 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    That was great!

What a change! Well done!!

:flowerforyou:
  • awaito
    awaito Posts: 18
    Options
    great job! you look absolutely amazing! I've been doing mfp since november and i find that i can now eat without thinking abotu it as much. I mean don't get me wrong i think about everything that i put in my body but the knowledge i have from inputting everything.. i feel like my lifestyle has changed. and that's what will allow me to hopefully stay at my target weight!
    Keep up all the good work! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!