Looking for Support for the Lifelong Change

Options
Hello everyone. I had an account and didn't really get into it. I let the weight get away from me and now I am paying for it. I am in the military and need to get into shape or lose my job. So in January I restarted with the drive to actually work on it. So far so good, I log everyday and have lost 33 lbs. But I am growing tired, and would love to have some more MFP friends to help motivate me. I am about halfway through my journey and would love moer people to help me finish! No bias on location since I have and will travel the world... :)

Replies

• wolfehound22
    Options
    First off, great job on the weight loss so far, 33 lbs is awesome. Feel free to add me, im always up for providing motivation.
  • Debbiepearce20
    Options
    I know the feeling well, it can be such a lonely and at times even a discouraging journey. 33 pounds is an awesome achievement already so be proud of that!! Feel free to add me, we can all do with some extra motivation and encouragement!! Keep it up, slow and steady wins the race :-)
  • spg2012
    spg2012 Posts: 4
    Options
    I congratulate you for two things 1.) 33 lbs is a great achievement and 2.) being smart enough to reach out for needed support rather than giving in... Things are going pretty well for me mentally with diet and exercise right now so hopefully I can pass a bit of that along to you. I am new to MFP (started last Sunday) and I can already see that I have a lot I can improve upon. I am really lucky that my wife is also training and eating well along with me and keeping me motivated. I am at a point now where I am really starting to feel close to my fitness goals but TRULY understand others that struggle. As a high school freshman (14) I weighed about 320lbs+ in my heart I am and will probably always be that "fat kid" that people used to point and laugh at ... my bit of encouragement for you today is this (one of my wife's favorite sayings)... "nothing tastes as good as skinny feels" live by it and "trust the process"- Bob Harper, biggest loser trainer. Good luck, best wishes.:happy: