Help! 30 Days and only lost 1 pound?

Options

Replies

• katcod1522
    katcod1522 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    That last 200 calories you eat around 8:30 pm maybe you can spread that out during the day like at breakfast, and 3:30. Try to avoid large amounts of food after 7pm is the only thing I can think of - that and are you eating enough? When you turn your body into a calorie burning machine you actual feel like you are eating more and shouldn't feel hungry. Give it another 5 days.

your body has no idea what time it is. Eat whenever you want. LISTEN to YOUR body! I eat every night after 9pm. My diary is open. I am 5' 2..weigh 135.8...6lbs from my UGW. I eat about 1150-1200 cals a day..more on a long run.
  • katcod1522
    Options
    You should be eating more in the morning, and not cereal at 8:30pm. Also, up the veggies. Have a salad with the tuna on it instead of a wrap etc. Get some almonds as a snack and other things. An apple and peanut butter. I didn't see you mention a single fruit. Also, you shouldn't have eggs every day

And, I looked at your diary. Why are you having two scoops of protein powder with no weight lifting???? Get your protein from food

I eat cheerios at night...and jello pudding cups..and nestle pb eggs..just sayin. Its calories in..vs calories out. SIMPLE!
  • katcod1522
    Options
    Be careful with the amount of protein you are getting 52 grams is way too muchYou should be aiming for maybe about 20gs at a meal.

Like others have said eat less carbs in the evening eat them earlier in the day so you can burn them off. I would also suggest eating a different fruit than a banana as banana's are loaded with sugar making them hard to burn off. Berries are a better option.

Personally I don't eat back my exercise calories but as I sit all day at work I find I ama sedenatary lifestyle and the hour or less a day does not make up for this. Timing of my meals not eating after 7.30 does really help and loads of water. be very careful with portion size you would be very surprised.

Don't give up just yet, if you really wanted to you would have quit and not posted this message.

I also eat a banana..Every. Single. Day.
  • kao1114
    kao1114 Posts: 51
    Options
    I feel your discouragement but try not to give into it! Have you taken body measurements? There are other positive changes to your body that could be going on other than the scale number dropping. :) When did you weigh yourself? Any chance you are bloated from water-weight gain due to PMS? Your weight can flucuate drastically (and discouragingly!) during that time and completely throw you off. Best of luck to you!
  • newve
    newve Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    bump
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Be careful with the amount of protein you are getting 52 grams is way too muchYou should be aiming for maybe about 20gs at a meal.

Like others have said eat less carbs in the evening eat them earlier in the day so you can burn them off. I would also suggest eating a different fruit than a banana as banana's are loaded with sugar making them hard to burn off. Berries are a better option.

Personally I don't eat back my exercise calories but as I sit all day at work I find I ama sedenatary lifestyle and the hour or less a day does not make up for this. Timing of my meals not eating after 7.30 does really help and loads of water. be very careful with portion size you would be very surprised.

Don't give up just yet, if you really wanted to you would have quit and not posted this message.

Utterly and completely untrue. Your body will process food whether its 10 pm or 5 am. Your body never stops metabolizing. A ton of people eat bananas and lose weight. Sugar is a carb and as long as you have moderate carbs you will lose weight. Stop spouting out this kind of crap. It may be what you work by but there is science that suggest the opposite.
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options

I also eat a banana..Every. Single. Day.

Me too. Bananas are good. Some sugars are *GASP* good for you. Here's to bananas! EVERYDAY!
  • katcod1522
    Options
    Can I get an AMEN??? ^^^^
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    <
    banana eater
  • MissAmyB80
    MissAmyB80 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I'm on team banana. I eat one everyday. Sometimes TWO!

And agree with all statements above that say - TIME DOESN'T MATTER.
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    ... I would also suggest eating a different fruit than a banana as banana's are loaded with sugar making them hard to burn off. Berries are a better option.

A banana's what? I really want to know.
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Sorry if someone already said this, but I would ask your doctor. I don't think losing one pound with the low calories is normal that early on. Ask your doc to check your thyroid and other possible culprits.
  • wahmx3
    wahmx3 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I agree with those that say to up your calories, I think you need 200-400 more healthy calories a day. Also how much water are you drinking? You should have half your weight in ounces daily of water. What is your sodium intake like? Do you drink diet soda? I hope you don't give up, try changing a few things like eating more and drinking more water and see what happens.
  • scott1646
    scott1646 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that your program is not working for you, you may not be eating enough. I would probably see a Nutritionist and talk with that person and let them know what's going on and hopefully you can get on a new program that will hopefully be more effective for you. You may even want to see your doctor and let them know your on a program and get some input from them.

This is what I do and I lose about 2 to 3 lbs a week. Of course I'm a guy and I'm 6"1" so it's going to be different for you or anyone else, cause were all different.

I wake up and take 1 Super B Complex Multivitamins, 2,000mg of L-Carnitine and 500mg of Acai Berry. I than eat a fiber one bar and drink 1 or 2 cups of coffee. I than go to the gym I burn off at least 400 to 600 for the hours time I'm there. <---- This part can be totally skipped, this is just for me to have an insane amount of energy, which last usually until the late afternoon.

Breakfast: Plain Instant Oatmeal, 1/4 cup of blueberries and 1tbsp of Flax-seed Meal Mix ( lots of omega 3, calcium and protein). I also have a double fiber whole wheat English Muffin and use either sugar free jam or smart balance PB and use 1 tbsp.

Lunch I make myself a sandwich I use whole wheat bread w/ no high fructose corn-syrup, the bread is also a bit smaller than most bread. I use baby spinach, yellow mustard and turkey breast ( 3 slices ) I either have an apple or banana and also eat 11 baby carrots.

Dinner I have Thin Sliced Chicken Breast, which I marinate it with herb and garlic, half a cup of brown rice and some type of dark green veggie ( usually broccoli ), I season the rice and veggies with a salt free garlic and herb spice and that's my dinner.

If I need to snack in the middle of the day or when it's late, I nibble on a dozen Raw Almonds.

I did this food system last year and in 8 months I lost over 60 lbs , with no gym or exercise. I actually saw a Nutritionist for about 90% of this program. The other 10% I tweaked myself and with another Nutritionist. I make sure by the end of my day to have at least 9 cups of water. My program is also 1200 calories and 20g of fat.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Sorry if someone already said this, but I would ask your doctor. I don't think losing one pound with the low calories is normal that early on. Ask your doc to check your thyroid and other possible culprits.

1 lb per week is too aggressive for someone that has less than 20 lbs to lose. She is only 139 lbs. She needs to aim for 1/2 lb. As you approach a healthy wight you need a smallwr deficit as your body will fight to preserve your body fat.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that your program is not working for you, you may not be eating enough. I would probably see a Nutritionist and talk with that person and let them know what's going on and hopefully you can get on a new program that will hopefully be more effective for you. You may even want to see your doctor and let them know your on a program and get some input from them.

This is what I do and I lose about 2 to 3 lbs a week. Of course I'm a guy and I'm 6"1" so it's going to be different for you or anyone else, cause were all different.

I wake up and take 1 Super B Complex Multivitamins, 2,000mg of L-Carnitine and 500mg of Acai Berry. I than eat a fiber one bar and drink 1 or 2 cups of coffee. I than go to the gym I burn off at least 400 to 600 for the hours time I'm there. <---- This part can be totally skipped, this is just for me to have an insane amount of energy, which last usually until the late afternoon.

Breakfast: Plain Instant Oatmeal, 1/4 cup of blueberries and 1tbsp of Flax-seed Meal Mix ( lots of omega 3, calcium and protein). I also have a double fiber whole wheat English Muffin and use either sugar free jam or smart balance PB and use 1 tbsp.

Lunch I make myself a sandwich I use whole wheat bread w/ no high fructose corn-syrup, the bread is also a bit smaller than most bread. I use baby spinach, yellow mustard and turkey breast ( 3 slices ) I either have an apple or banana and also eat 11 baby carrots.

Dinner I have Thin Sliced Chicken Breast, which I marinate it with herb and garlic, half a cup of brown rice and some type of dark green veggie ( usually broccoli ), I season the rice and veggies with a salt free garlic and herb spice and that's my dinner.

If I need to snack in the middle of the day or when it's late, I nibble on a dozen Raw Almonds.

I did this food system last year and in 8 months I lost over 60 lbs , with no gym or exercise. I actually saw a Nutritionist for about 90% of this program. The other 10% I tweaked myself and with another Nutritionist. I make sure by the end of my day to have at least 9 cups of water. My program is also 1200 calories and 20g of fat.
    The problem with your program is men need more thatn 1200 calories and eating like this will cause a lot of muscle loss which means your metabolism will slow down and long term success will b difficult. I have peraonally seen this in my friend who did the same thing.
  • AllergicToExercise
    AllergicToExercise Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Take your measurements in lots of areas. I have been stuck at the same weight for 3 months since starting to work out 5-6 days per week. Very frustrating but I have dropped several inches and can notice small changes when I look in the mirror. At least the measuring tape will give you encouragement when the scales won't. Hang in there!!
  • chicfreak9
    chicfreak9 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Are you sure it isn't a medical issue that is making it a slow loss?
  • FlaxMilk
    FlaxMilk Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options

1 lb per week is too aggressive for someone that has less than 20 lbs to lose. She is only 139 lbs. She needs to aim for 1/2 lb. As you approach a healthy wight you need a smallwr deficit as your body will fight to preserve your body fat.

I agree with this after some time, but not right away. I only had about 20 lbs to lose and am short and in the healthy range, and I have lost about 5 lbs my first month.