Going out with the Girls! What's better to drink?

Options
I am normally a beer drinker, I have given up drinking last few weeks because I cant stand taking in the empty calories, but I know that won't happen this time around.

I have heard stick to light beer, some say no vodka with water and lime?? Any input??

Replies

• jennylsapia
    jennylsapia Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    BUMP!! we are going out tonight as well and I plan to do some extra exercising to have the calories but still I know alcohol works in your system kinda crazy so would like to know what is best...:drinker:
  • 7funnygirl7
    7funnygirl7 Posts: 1,176
    Options
    I like vodka and cranberry juice..Mmmmmm
  • TobyTimmyNala
    TobyTimmyNala Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I like vodka and cranberry juice..Mmmmmm

My drink of choice! Now if only bars had diet cranberry we would be in business!
  • najh4
    najh4 Posts: 28
    Options
    I did an extra workout too!! Throw in extra calories to play with!! Have fun tonight! Enjoy it! We all need a break :)
  • najh4
    Options
    Is diet soda better then regular if your going to have soda in your drink?? Love Vodka and Cranberry... I always worry about the sugar?
  • TobyTimmyNala
    TobyTimmyNala Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I did an extra workout too!! Throw in extra calories to play with!! Have fun tonight! Enjoy it! We all need a break :)

Love Vodka and Cranberry... I always worry about the sugar?

My thought is...gets the job done quicker and in the end probably less sugar!
  • victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    I save food calories for drinking and have vodka sodas
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I am normally a beer drinker, I have given up drinking last few weeks because I cant stand taking in the empty calories, but I know that won't happen this time around.

I have heard stick to light beer, some say no vodka with water and lime?? Any input??

Tonight I will be consuming Gin & Slimline tonic :)
  • najh4
    Options
    [/quote]

HA HA I KNOW your right!! And I'm taking that thought to girls night!! NOW the only problem is how will I avoid the fried foods I seem to want on a night like this?!
  • jennibell81
    Options
    I drink rum and diet coke......always my drink of choice :drinker:
  • hollz118
    hollz118 Posts: 10
    Options
    I usually like to drink vodka, water with a splash of cranberry and a lime wedge. You save a ton on calories by putting mostly water in and it tasts yummmmy!!!
  • najh4
    Options
    What's a Gin & Slimline tonic?!!
  • najh4
    Options
    I usually like to drink vodka, water with a splash of cranberry and a lime wedge. You save a ton on calories by putting mostly water in and it tasts yummmmy!!!

I think I'll try one of these too! I like choices!! HA HA
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options
    Cranberry juice has a lot of calories and sugar. Stick with either fire fly sweet tea vodka on the rocks 60 calories with a lemon wedge or with a splash of water and a lemon wedge. You can have svedka flavor vodka and either club soda or tonic for about 60 calories (svedka voda is the only one infused with real fruit so there is no added calories or sugar).
  • modernmom70
    modernmom70 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Peach Vodka and Soda. Yum! Sometimes I add a splash of oj.
  • Cindym82
    Cindym82 Posts: 1,245 Member
    Options

HA HA I KNOW your right!! And I'm taking that thought to girls night!! NOW the only problem is how will I avoid the fried foods I seem to want on a night like this?!
    [/quote]

You only crave fried foods when you're drinking because of the spike in sugar to your system.....hence avoid sugary drinks and the cravings for fried food is out the window. ALSO, the reason for the fried food is to make you absorb the alchol better and not get so drunk quickly, and it also makes you extra thirsty from the salt, making you drink more. Its a way the bar works to make you spend more money (i've worked in bars for yeaaaars)
  • najh4
    Options
    Cranberry juice has a lot of calories and sugar. Stick with either fire fly sweet tea vodka on the rocks 60 calories with a lemon wedge or with a splash of water and a lemon wedge. You can have svedka flavor vodka and either club soda or tonic for about 60 calories (svedka voda is the only one infused with real fruit so there is no added calories or sugar).

I have never heard of sweet tea vodka... My main concern is too many calories, and having too high of a blood sugar spike for me I seem to CRAVE sugar and fried foods and my self control is shot by then. I would end up saying "FREE WEEKEND" and gain 3lbs back and kick myself monday... So I am trying to balance and avoid that.
  • jnh17
    jnh17 Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Vodka (depending on proof) has around 80-85 calories per serving. If you're at a bar, you can only mix it water or something diet (most bars only have diet coke {yuck} if that) to avoid adding additional calories. My favorite taste-wise is vodka and diet red bull.

The lowest beer that will be available in most places is Michelob Ultra at 95/bottle. A six pack is 570 so if you're not working out that day, it'll be hard to stay on track!
  • Eleisabelle
    Eleisabelle Posts: 365
    Options
    Is diet soda better then regular if your going to have soda in your drink?? Love Vodka and Cranberry... I always worry about the sugar?

Blech. Diet doesn't taste right. I'd say a nice gin and tonic or vodka tonic with lime would be perfect.

ETA: Oh, and if you intend to have more than one alcoholic drink, make sure to drink a full glass of water before starting the next drink. It'll help you drink more slowly and will also help keep you from getting too drunk too fast.
  • freezerburn2012
    freezerburn2012 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Mixing diet sodas with liquor makes the body absorb the alcohol faster.

I like vodka with half tonic water, half soda water and a lime. 70 cals for an ounce of vodka. Half a can of tonic water 70 cals. Soda water 0 cals.

Tasty, tasty, tasty!