My ticker is my new best friend...

Options
Tri_Dad
Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
Man I like the way that looks!
100 lbs in just over 6 months. Never would have thought it possible.

Thanks all my MFP friend!

:drinker:

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options

WOW!!! :noway: Your ticker IS something else!
    You should be soooooo proud of yourself! Great job! :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    smdance2.gif smdance1.gif smdance2.gif

YOU ROCK Bat Man!!!:heart::heart: :heart:
  • xXmimiXx
    xXmimiXx Posts: 564 Member
    Options
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    what a BE-autiful number!!

you are amazing!!

:love: :love: :heart: :heart: :drinker: :drinker:
  • cheermom11
    cheermom11 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :drinker:
  • AmerDamer
    AmerDamer Posts: 9
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the good work!

Amy

215616.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    AWESOME :bigsmile: :drinker: Way to go :drinker:
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Wooohoooo!!!!! AWESOME job! You rock!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Thanks guys!

I feel like a totally different person!
    I went from a 50" waist to a 36".

42 more pounds to go!

• Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    You are a great inspiration ! Congratulations on reaching such a milestone. Your family must be so proud. :heart: Cindy :heart:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Wow, that is so awesome.:flowerforyou: I can't wait until my ticker says that. How did you lose so much weight in that amount of time?
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Wow!!!!

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!!! :love:

:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!!!!! Way to go!
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Wow that is awesome!!! Keep it up!
  • MissNova
    MissNova Posts: 563 Member
    Options

How have you done it???
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Way to go!!!! WOOOHOOOOO!! :drinker:
  • sinisme
    sinisme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    WOW! :drinker:
    That's awesome!!!!! Congrats!
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Congrats, C25K and Black Team buddy! So proud of you!
  • Tri_Dad
    Options
    Thanks for all the congrats guys, A couple of you asked how I lost 100 pounds in 6 months. I think some of it has to do with being a guy. It tends to shed faster on us but I recently replied to a PM asking me the same thing so I figured I would post it here. I'm not doing anything special but I have learned a few things.

Hopefully some of the stuff I have to share will help. I'm by no means an expert but I can tell you some of the stuff that has worked for me. There are two sides to this whole weight loss thing. Physical and Mental. First the physical.

#1: Food: I learned that it's important to not only eat less but eat better foods. I started eating whole grains, fruits, veggies and lean protein like chicken and pork. Try to look at it from a nutrition perspective. Healthy foods is key.

#2:Don't deny yourself things....at least not for too long. If you are craving something...HAVE IT! Maybe not as much as you used too but if you deny yourself everything you crave you will never stick with it.

#3:Watch what you drink: I still have my coffee but for the most part I am a water guy and plenty of it. It's great for you body and a definate weight loss friend.

Excersice:

#4: Get active- Your workout is important but try to be more active in general. Go for a walk, play some soccer with the kids find a hobby that involves some light activity.

#5: When you don't feel like working out and don't think you can do it just try for 5 mins. If you can just get up and get started...once you get five mins into your body will wake up and you will remember why you want to work out to begin with. After 5 mins you usually find your motivation to keep going.

#6: Sometimes you are too tired: Don't burn yourself out. If your exhausted get some rest. Being well rested is just as important as excersice.

Now the mental stuff (This is the most important part but is so different for everyone.)

What I have learned....

#1: Don't say or think the word diet. Diets don't work because they are only temporary. They are something you have to "get through" until you reach your goal. And when you do... You just go back.
    Build habits and make it a perminant change to your lifestyle. Find healthy foods you enjoy.

#2: Change how you think about food. If it is a comfort to you, or a way to deal with stress or boredom. Start working on looking at it differently. You can enjoy it but you have to think of it as fuel for your body. Something you have to have to live. On the flip side don't be afraid of food either. For the first two months of my journey I was terrified of fats. But I know I need them and I have no problem getting my fat grams in.

#3: This one is tough for me to say because my loss has been pretty rapid. But you WILL slow down or even stop for periods of time. This can be a HUGE frustration for you. But think back to #1. This is a perminant change and you will reach your goal if you stick with it. I always tell myself "Whether or not I stick with this the time will pass either way. And even if I only lose 10 pounds in a year I have a choice...I can stick with it and be healthier happier and reach my goal somewhere down the road or I can give up and gaurentee I will NEVER get there."

#4: Try not to place limits on yourself:

#5:Make sure your doing this for you. Others around you will benefit. But you need to do this for you.
    #6: I learned that when you fall get back up on your next oppurtunity: If you compulsivley eat a half gallon of icecream one afternoon, Don't use that as an excuse to skip your workout that day. Thinking " Well I already blew it today....I'll start over tommorow." Is the wrong mindset to have.

Some other basic notes:

#1: I usually don't eat my excersice calories: There is alot of debate on this. In my case I was so overweight that starvation mode wasnt a concern for me. But some people who are closer to a normal BMI may risk going into starvation mode if they don't so this is one you have to experiment with and find what works for you.

#2: Laughing cow light swiss cheese is yummy and can be used to substitute alot of bad stuff.

I know all about being up and down in the weight loss thing. I have lost weight and gained it back plenty of times. The things I mentioned here are the things that have been different this time around. This time I enjoyed the healthy changes. This time I feel comfortable with my new lifestyle and can't imagine living any differently. When I started I was 319 pounds, had a 50" waist and a while host of problems. I am now 219 lbs have a 36" waist and my family is so much happier. It can be tough but if I can do it I know you can too. The people on this site are so supportive. Reach out to them and let them help you. I hope some of this information is useful. This whole experience is different for each of us but if anything I have to say helps, than it is totally with the time.

Good luck!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    that was a great article Andrew. I am going to tag it in my favs for future reading.

I like the part about it taking a year, the year will pass either way.

I love to think 1 year for 31 pounds!!! It took 15 years to get here!!

:flowerforyou: Thanks my friend, you are a dear sweet person:flowerforyou:

oh, and black team rocks!!smiley-music036.gif
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!