Tips for weight loss that people take for granted.

Options

Replies

• DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • 412HeavyLifter
    412HeavyLifter Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Oh my eyesss!! I am just too lazy to read all that....thx for posting though!
  • SBgettingLean
    Options
    Well now I'm really depressed:(

I know I'm massively sleep deprived but I'm very good and follow all your tips - you just forgot to add in the most important tip: DON'T HAVE ANY BABIES/SMALL CHILDREN/A DISABLED PARTNER. I "shoot" for 7 hours sleep a night, but just never seem to make it......

And I'm allergic to chilli, so that's an awful lot of spicy food out the window.

I do drink green tea when I can be bothered, but TBH I don't drink hot drinks much at all. I'm still trying to train my work colleagues not to dump a cup of coffee on my desk every morning - I've got them down to no more than one a day now...... The concept of green tea is waaaay beyond them LOL. And I only drink water at home since I've already paid for it!

ANd I refuse to buy anything that "comes as a powder from health food shops" especially if it is marketed as a "superfood" - how gullable (and rich) do you think I am?

I guess I'm stuck with being fat forever:(

Or maybe I'll stick to the cheap and empirically tested weight loss technique of exercising more and eating less calories, which seem s to be doing the job OK so far.....

These are just tips that you can incorporate into your lifestyle if you feel inspired. And Matcha is a very fine tea, you can buy it a any tea store (like TeaVana). I see it all the time but have yet to buy it, this article actually has inspired me to give it a try :)

A little tip: If you don't understand how important your language is to your health and happiness then I highly recommend picking up some Tony Robbins books and start reading about you paint your own world. I'm not attacking you, I'm just expressing that if you focus on keeping your language positive then the world around you will become more positive. Try it, try not complaining for a week and notice how things seem to get easier.
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Does sleep have to be a full 7-8 hours or can it be chopped up? And does it have to be at night or can I get 8 hours during the day?

If you work nights, you'll need to make an exception to the rules about daytime sleeping. In this case, keep your window coverings closed so that sunlight — which adjusts your internal clock — doesn't interrupt your daytime sleep.
    i dont work at all, i just hate sleeping at night
  • Aviation21
    Aviation21 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I have read about all your tips before and totally agree! Thanks for posting your tips! Cool!
  • jessicaacampbell1
    jessicaacampbell1 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Great post!
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I agree with all your little tips and info you have gotten together thanks!!!

The Sleep and Stress may be the most important out of all of these. People need to relax more (BE HAPPY PEOPLE)....and sleep more.

I have something to say in response to Mrs.Agi(tated) :wink:

I have a daughter with disabilities; physical and cognitive delays and it makes me angry that you would use someone's disabilities as an excuse for anything. If I did that how would I ever get anything done or do or take my family anywhere???
    I also watch my twin 4 yr. old nieces 40 hours a week. I have a house and a husband and a step-son as well to take care of.....and I get my exercise and sleep done just fine due to the way I schedule my day.

Everyone has something unpleasant to deal with in their lives. Having a spouse with disabilities must be tough to deal with, but having a child that has disabilities - believe me...I have been kept up at night worrying, crying, hating the world, about my daughter's future, friends, boyfriends, jobs, living independently, who will look after her when my husband and I get old, will she need assistance etc.. blah, blah, blah....So please don't use disabilities as an excuse for anything...Let it empower you and if you can deal with disabilities how ever severe they may or may not be you can deal with anything. I will spend the rest of my life helping my daughter and my family live an ABLE and happy life. :bigsmile:
  • guildwars1987
    guildwars1987 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the eating spicy foods tip. I eat spicy food everyday and I would eat it for every meal if I could but I do not feel fuller or feel as my metabolism has increased at all. In fact I feel that I eat MORE of it, maybe that's because I like it. But I'll go to either Wild Wings Cafe or Buffalo Wild Wings and I can eat over 15 wings easy if they are spicy without feeling full at all. I could do it all day. I haven't as of joining MFP but really have the desire to. Anyone else think that eating spicy food helps them?
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    Appetite management. I feel like nobody thinks this matters because as long as they are meeting their caloric limit then all is good. Well eventually as they lose more and more weight, the appetite will get stronger and stronger to counter-act the weight loss. That needs to be managed properly, and eating more satiating foods and less empty calorie foods is the best way to do it.
  • ANeWcRe8N
    ANeWcRe8N Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Thanks, you're right.. never hurts to be reminded ;)
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    I don't know about the eating spicy foods tip. I eat spicy food everyday and I would eat it for every meal if I could but I do not feel fuller or feel as my metabolism has increased at all. In fact I feel that I eat MORE of it, maybe that's because I like it. But I'll go to either Wild Wings Cafe or Buffalo Wild Wings and I can eat over 15 wings easy if they are spicy without feeling full at all. I could do it all day. I haven't as of joining MFP but really have the desire to. Anyone else think that eating spicy food helps them?

It might work for everyone. Usually spicy foods the big reason is people aren't eating them as fast as normal foods. Also you are talking buffalo wings a bit more than say Thai food. I can handle the blazin', samarai, and etc at buffalo wild wings like they are nothing.. There are some Thai dishes that I just can't handle. They go from spicy to painful.

In the end you have to find what works for you! Like I stated first post diet is still king and key!
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Capsaicin is also thought to work as an anti-inflammatory and help to control pain.

If only this was made in a way of a cream that I could put on my heel! I tried these pills that had a whole bunch of this stuff in it..WOW it killed my acid reflux after a week and the heel pain stopped. Sadly the acid reflux was worse then I could handle even with the meds. So off the pills I went.
  • Denjo060
    Denjo060 Posts: 1,008
    Options
    Wow great tips I have to get the tea and congrats on the weight loss thats awesome
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options

I know I do eat spicy foods slower, I have heard that it effects your metabolism but have never done any research to prove what I have heard. But hey couldn't hurt right? Except if you have acid reflux or heartburn problems then spicy food is gonna be a no no.
  • ball858
    ball858 Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    BUMP for reading later to help me get those 7-8 hours sleep.

Only joking, its just a bit much to read now lol...
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Capsaicin is also thought to work as an anti-inflammatory and help to control pain.

If only this was made in a way of a cream that I could put on my heel! I tried these pills that had a whole bunch of this stuff in it..WOW it killed my acid reflux after a week and the heel pain stopped. Sadly the acid reflux was worse then I could handle even with the meds. So off the pills I went.

Actually I lift a lot and get a lot of aches and pains especially in my elbow. Best thing I've found is Cissus Powder. Tastes horrible but you take it daily and they go away. I go off of it and the joint pain comes back. I used to be so anti-herbs/supplements but stuff like the cissus powder has really changed my mind.
  • AmberMagdalena
    AmberMagdalena Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    BUMP for reading later to help me get those 7-8 hours sleep.

Only joking, its just a bit much to read now lol...

Hey I don't mind if it puts you asleep, anyway to help :-D Laughter I'm pretty sure is good for you!
  • tracymarie2012
    tracymarie2012 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    bump- thank you
  • MrsAgi
    MrsAgi Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I agree with all your little tips and info you have gotten together thanks!!!

The Sleep and Stress may be the most important out of all of these. People need to relax more (BE HAPPY PEOPLE)....and sleep more.

I have something to say in response to Mrs.Agi(tated) :wink:

I have a daughter with disabilities; physical and cognitive delays and it makes me angry that you would use someone's disabilities as an excuse for anything. If I did that how would I ever get anything done or do or take my family anywhere???
    I also watch my twin 4 yr. old nieces 40 hours a week. I have a house and a husband and a step-son as well to take care of.....and I get my exercise and sleep done just fine due to the way I schedule my day.

Everyone has something unpleasant to deal with in their lives. Having a spouse with disabilities must be tough to deal with, but having a child that has disabilities - believe me...I have been kept up at night worrying, crying, hating the world, about my daughter's future, friends, boyfriends, jobs, living independently, who will look after her when my husband and I get old, will she need assistance etc.. blah, blah, blah....So please don't use disabilities as an excuse for anything...Let it empower you and if you can deal with disabilities how ever severe they may or may not be you can deal with anything. I will spend the rest of my life helping my daughter and my family live an ABLE and happy life. :bigsmile:

Thanks for that helpful thought - actually I also have two disabled children - one physical one neurological. I was not using them a s an excuse, I was explaining that there are often good reasons our lives don't quite fit exactly the schedule we would like

*sigh* I should know better than to try to use ironic humour on a forum - the post was supposed to say that all these tips are just that - nice ideas but not very doable for a lot of people, and certainly not the "solution" to weight loss

I'm sure you will all be delighted to know that I cut the stress out of my life years ago - like you I learned that crying and worrying doesn't help solve the problems. And therefore the unnecessarily personal insults have gone completely over my head.

have a nice day y'all, I certainly shall, but not on mfp forums