New---HELP!!!

Options
I'm new to this whole "Lifestyle Change". I've recently joined a gym and I am now counting my calories. Does anyone have any advice for me on how to really get started???

Thanks Yall!!

218064.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• dkell
    dkell Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I think your off to a good start and coming to this web site should help you as it has me. Just knowing you can find someone to vent to or celebrate with helps a lot.:drinker:
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I think you have started :happy:

My advice is to eat healthy but don't completely deny yourself. This is a lifestyle not a diet!. And have challenging but realistic goals. The weight won't come off overnight but it will come off. Also, don't let the scale be the only thing you use to measure your success and failure. Be sure to note your loose clothes, inches lost, muscle tone, increase energy, reduced stress and just how great you feel and how proud you are of yourself!

Welcome and good luck :flowerforyou:
  • codykitty
    codykitty Posts: 729
    Options
    there is no magic trick...I know it sux! Sounds like ur on the right track!
  • staclo
    staclo Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    My advice is to go read all of the flagged threads at the top under "General Diet and Weight Loss Help." Those threads have answered 90% of my questions so far. Oh and I frequently read success stories, especially when I'm feeling discouraged. They help keep me motivated.
  • sonjavon
    sonjavon Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You've started. If you're like me, you've now started this site and you're finding it so easy that you're thinking, "Really? This is it?" LOL - it works!

The best advice I can give is to remember to drink your water, watch your sodium levels, log EVERYTHING and exercise every day. This, like anything else, is all about forming good habits. Pay attention to serving sizes and make sure to eat enough fruit.

Good luck!!!
  • Zee75
    Zee75 Posts: 6
    Options
    HI!

I have found that I got the best results when I did both cardio and strength training exercises. Im not talking body building, even using the strength bands at home. You burn more calories, the more muscle you have.

Best of Luck... and try and stay motivated!

Z
  • carlafreeman
    Options
    WOW Everyone!! Thanks for all the support and encoragement!!!

I will have to say that I went to the gym today and had an AWESOME workout. I know this is going to take time and I am going to try and be patient. Even though I know the day will come when I am on here "FREAKING" out!! LOL. But for now....I'm enjoying challenging myself and learning.

Thanks Again Everyone!!!

218064.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter