p90x or insanity!?

Options
I've been seing a lot of positive feed back for insanity. My cousin used p90x and had good results. She gave me the program to try. Which program does everyone prefer and why? If insanity works better then p90x I would rather purchase that then waste my time doing p90x.

Replies

• Eireann15
    Eireann15 Posts: 124
    Options
    It depends on what your goals are!
    From what I understand (as I have p90x and have been doing that), P90x wasn't really created for weight loss alone. It's more geared towards strength training overall, and changing your body composition, getting stronger, etc .It's pretty intense, and a lot of people lose weight on it anyways! And, you can also modify your program based on your goals. If you want more cardio, you can follow the "Lean" program for example!

From what I understand about Insanity, it's a lot more high intensity cardio stuff! i haven't tried it... (yet!) but definitely want to someday! I've also been advised that it's good to start with p90x first!
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I have done P90X three times now and I love it! It has for sure changed me and more importantly my way of thinking when it comes to nutrition. I am now doing Insanity for the first time and it too is great and far more harder in my opinion because it is all cardio and none stop at that. I am not over weight but someone told me to try Insanity as it will lower my body fat down to where I want to be... and so far I am loving the results. So if you want to lose alot of weight I would pick Insanity first and P90X for more toning and muscle build.

Good luck!
  • pgp90xer
    pgp90xer Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    Oh I should also share that my wife is doing Turbo Fire. She looked at my Insanity and thought I was crazy! Plus she liked how Turbo Fire uses funky music and dance like moves!!
  • Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    What are your goals? I have done both of them and can help you out :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Depends what you're looking for. I would rather do p90x but I am more interested in strength than cardio.
  • mollyp91692
    mollyp91692 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose about 15lbs and tone my stomach more than anything. Im 5'7 and don't mind having curves. I carry my in my upper body. I have natural nice toned legs but I have a huge gut and I cant stand it!! If it was possible to loose weight in just one area I would deff just do that. I also gained 70lbs during my pregnancy 4 years ago so that also made my problem area seem hopeless to ever get rid of!