If you don't log, may I ask why?

Options
I find it so important to log just to keep that number floating around and plan ahead. I have seen a lot of people who do not, may I ask why? Is it a specific nutrition plan, or you just don't like to log, or you have no desire to know your calorie intake. I am curiousl Its my favorite part.

Replies

• taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I used to, now i dont, cause i dropped my smartphone and its now in the bottom of the bellagio fountains in vegas. *sigh*. its a lot harder to log without a portable device. However, when i did log for 3 months or so, i ate generally the same thing everyday. so i know how many cal everything is.
    saying that, im also in maintainence now, and i don't want to be logging for the rest of my life, so its my transition into doing it on my own.
  • weathergirl320
    Options
    i dont track my calories. i dont need to. i dont over eat and i am too lazy to type in everything i eat because it doesnt matter. i type in my weight cuz i like to see the little graph go down. :-p
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,075 Member
    Options
    I don't. I lost my weight (52 lbs) in 2007-8 and have kept it off except for ten pounds that come and go. I'm still in my healthy weight range, and I learned how to eat, so for me it is a huge annoyance to log. Sometimes I'll log something I haven't eaten for a while as a refresher, but I pretty much know my portions now.

This whole thing is an emotional roller coaster, and I tend to be obsessive, so once I start logging I go all nutso and have to weigh and measure - to the gram - and line up 12 nutrients and pre-plan and .......aaaack.....

So, I'm happier not obsessing.