ATTENTION FEMALE BODY BUILDERS AND FITNESS

Options
What types of supplements are you taking? I currently take a Woman's One-A-Day Multi vitamin and vitamin D3 supplement. What other supplements would you suggest I start taking?

Replies

• jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • YMark
    YMark Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Fish caps, maybe calcium depending on age.
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    Most important: whey protein. You might try creatine, I use Con-Cret, it doesn't have the side effects like creatine monohydrate.
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    Most important: whey protein. You might try creatine, I use Con-Cret, it doesn't have the side effects like creatine monohydrate.

What do you do if protein shakes make you sick? I've tried many different kinds/brands with no success. Is whey protein necessary if I'm hitting appropriate amounts of proteins through foods? I eat a lot of chicken, fish, egg whites. I usually eat 1.5 servings of greek yogurt after lifting because it's 27g of protein.
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options

I <3 your profile pic!
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options

What do you do if protein shakes make you sick? I've tried many different kinds/brands with no success. Is whey protein necessary if I'm hitting appropriate amounts of proteins through foods? I eat a lot of chicken, fish, egg whites. I usually eat 1.5 servings of greek yogurt after lifting because it's 27g of protein.

i would like the answer to this as well
  • cutie2b
    cutie2b Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    bump - I am interested in finding out too
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options

Have you tried soy protein?
  • Angie_1MR
    Angie_1MR Posts: 247
    Options
    Whey is a source of protein for CONVENIENCE. If you can't stomach whey, buy some BCAAs, you can get it in a powder or tablets. They are very important for recovery. Just make sure you fuel with protein at least 30 minutes before, and 30 minutes after your workout.

Thanks for the compliment on my profile pic! :)
  • salfrey67
    Options
    Whey protein, mega mens sport vitamins.
  • Abells
    Abells Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    If you are hitting your protein without shakes then don't drink em.

Is it no matter what you mix it with? If not, try blending them with fruits and ice and splash of OJ -- you can't even taste it.

If it's no matter what and you are getting your protein from food - drink a glass of chocolate milk after you work out :)
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I take a multi, D3, B12, and magnesium. So I have the energy to do my lifting! Looking into CLA and creatine.

There are loads of different types of protein out there besides whey. Soy, pea, rice, hemp, etc. Just keep hunting for one that works for you, if you want to go this direction. (They are super portable so easy to grab immediately following a workout!)
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    right now daily I take:

1st Step Pro-Wellness Whey Protein
    1st Step Pro-Wellness Active Women's Multi Vitamin/Multi Mineral (liquid form)
    1st Step Pro-Wellness Liquid Vitamin B12 Complex

and on occassion, if I feel I need more energy, I add:

1st Step Pro-Wellness Liquid Vitamin B12 Complex Energy shot
  • Carolyn_79
    Carolyn_79 Posts: 935 Member
    Options

Have you tried soy protein?

I can't remember if I've ever tried soy so I'll try it and see how it goes. If I can't stomach it then my husband can have it :)
  • sunnykt
    sunnykt Posts: 66
    Options
    Vitamins and supplements are a balance.
    Maybe it would be best to go see a doctor and see what you are deficient in?
    You don't want a surplus, anymore then you want a deficient.
    Everything I take apart from protein whey isolates, I take specifically for my body, after seeing doctors, or addressing issues I think my body might be deficient in and/or need.

:)
  • jennifer52484
    jennifer52484 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I was asking because my diet is very low fat fairly lo carb and very high protein. I'm training for a show. For former competitors, what did you take to balance out your diet. My hair is falling out slowly. I read somewhere about biotin, but i just wanted to see what other people who have competed take or took while training.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I drink whey protein or eat protein bars and take a simple multi-vitamin. That has seemed to work for me
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options
    I drink protein shakes

And take:
    Opti Women Multi vitamin
    Fish Oil - 2-3g of EPA + DHA per day
    EC stack
  • taralouise74
    Options
    I drink a cup of pu-erh tea with my shakes and i no longer get the stomach cramps with them
  • cyncetastic
    cyncetastic Posts: 165
    Options
    I take:

Myofusion protein powder
    Jack3d before workouts
    Fish oil
    Multi-vitamin
    Calcium supps