Exercising at home

Options
I need a DVD that I can workout to - a dance or aerobic DVD - no weights - would prefer cardio right now for a few months. I don't have much room in the room I would use it in. I am a beginner. Suggestions?

Replies

• poesch77
    poesch77 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I have a very narrow living room and do it in there tripping on kids the whole time! I do several different ones right now but you say you are a beginner.....any of the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home or Biggest Loser ones are great!! There are so many different ones to choose from and Walmart is the cheapest!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    You could try some Zumba.
    It is very fun and you burn a lot of calories doing it.
  • kfitzpa
    kfitzpa Posts: 326
    Options
    Hip Hop Abs! It's super fun and motivating and helped me lose a bunch of weight :)
  • Moana41
    Moana41 Posts: 35
    Options
    You'll find fun workout exercises in your own home on YouTube, they have loads of them.
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    i have denise austin walk indoors but i would compare to the now popular leslie sansones indoor walk i know denise austin had 3 different levels and was good. When I lost weight several yrs back i did that for 30 min a day and jogged twice a week and it worked with the right food.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I have a biggest loser walking DVD, I like it. http://www.amazon.com/The-Biggest-Loser-Power-Walk/dp/B0042DN4PO
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    Tiffany Rothe on Youtube is great for cardio in small places!!
  • thinclo
    thinclo Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump :)
  • bjsquires
    bjsquires Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I can relate!! I purchased Jillian Michael's 30 day shred (it calls for weights but you can either use really light weights or no weights until you can build up) and I just recently purchased her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I also have Walk off Weight Strenght Workout-this one is good to do after a walk. Pilates for Weightloss (I haven't gotten into this one much yet...I really need too.) And Dance Your *kitten* Off the Workout.

My living room is small and I am able to do these workouts just fine (except for the Dance Your *kitten* Off )
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Walk At Home by Leslie Sansone. Her newest one (at Target, Amazon) is called Ultimate 5 Day Walk Plan ...... it's fully programmable. Program as many (few) miles as you want. There are strength training sections too ..... for an all cardio workout DON'T program these pieces.

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/leslie-sansones-ultimate-5-day-walk-plan-video-6155

If you're not sure re: dancey / athletic choreography. Petra Kolbers Cardio for Beginners is great. This has 4 sections to mix and match / 2 sections are dancey / 2 sections are athletic. Petra is a lot of fun (British accent).

http://www.collagevideo.com/workout-video/cardio-for-beginners-with-petra-kolber-5647
  • Livin_Large
    Livin_Large Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I can relate!! I purchased Jillian Michael's 30 day shred (it calls for weights but you can either use really light weights or no weights until you can build up) and I just recently purchased her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I also have Walk off Weight Strenght Workout-this one is good to do after a walk. Pilates for Weightloss (I haven't gotten into this one much yet...I really need too.) And Dance Your *kitten* Off the Workout.

My living room is small and I am able to do these workouts just fine (except for the Dance Your *kitten* Off )

How do youlike Banish Fat Boost Metabolism? I ordered it today. I hope I like it!
  • zamiesgirl
    Options
    I also so Leslie Sansone walk at home videos. I have the walk away the pounds ultimate collection. Its 4 workouts....1 mile get up and get started.......2 mile brisk walk.......3 mile advance walk......4 mile super challenge.... I do the 4 mile super challenge she does side steps and knee lifts and kick backs its just not all walking in place. I really enjoy it I got mine at Target...
  • nichi123
    nichi123 Posts: 244
    Options
    Cool...will have a look at that :)