New goals! New workout routine! Your thoughts?

Options
Hey y'all!
New goal: Pack on some serious lean muscle. I'm talking, fitness model kinda muscle (not gonna lie, I feel a little embarrassed saying that....not really receiving much support in this endeavor from my friends and family...not sure why but oh well :blushing:)

I am no stranger to weight training but this is my first time entering the world of heavy weights so advice is greatly appreciated from everybody but especially serious heavy lifters/bodybuilders!

My new plan looks like this:
Monday - Zumba (because a fun day sounds like a good idea to me!)
Tuesday - Lower body (3-5 sets with 4-6 reps of heavy weight. Isolation type moves)
Wednesday - HIIT (15-20 minutes...and I'm no stranger to this method of cardio either so I ain't skeerd lol!)
Thursday - Upper body (3-5 sets with 4-6 reps of heavy weight. Isolation moves)
Friday - HIIT (15-20 minutes)
Saturday - Full body (3-5 sets of 8-10 reps medium weight. Compound moves)
Sunday - Off
Also planning on doing a 40% protein, 40% carb, 20% fat diet

This is a drastic change from the 5-6 days of cardio and light weights that I've been doing since my son was born. But, I feel like that style of workouts has taken me as far as it can and I'm ready to move on and move up. Please know that I plan to ease into this workout and I do know how to listen to my body (not gonna hurt myself...PROMISE!!!) I am looking for feedback about this plan I've come up with. I want to be VERY muscular, and VERY lean. Looking to maximize results...Is this a good plan or am I going about it all wrong?

Replies

• DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    anybody?
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    Ok then!
  • LishaCole
    LishaCole Posts: 245
    Options
    BUMP~

I'm a n00b so I have no idea, but good luck!
  • BuckeyeBoi
    BuckeyeBoi Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hello, I would follow 4 sets of 12-15 reps as heavy as you can! Think like this 4 exercises 4 sets 12-15reps. MThur Chest, shoulders and triceps. Back/Biceps same.. Wed Legs.. Then change your exercises at the end of the week but same sets and reps.... Brian
  • rmartin72
    rmartin72 Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I wish I had the answers your looking for. I honestly want to do the same thing too. I here to offer support and encouragement. Seems like you have thought this all out and seems like a great plane of action to work with. Robby:):)
  • deineira
    deineira Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I just started a heavy lifting routine and I'm expecting it to foster big changes in my physique too. While I have always done some weight training, I have never really embraced it. I'm doing the STS system by Cathe Friedrich. It's 90 days, 3x a week, and each day is a different workout. I'm going to be lifting pretty heavy and I'm very excited about it.

My routine looks like this:

Tuesday - Biceps, Chest and Shoulders, Abs - 80 minutes
    Wednesday - 60 minutes of cardio - for me that's step, interval training or kickboxing
    Thursday - Back and Tricpes and Abs - 70 minutes
    Friday - 60 minutes of cardio
    Saturday - Legs and Abs - 80 minutes
    Sunday - 60 minutes of cardio
    Monday REST!

Good luck to you!

Eva
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    @ deineira - I'm kinda with you! I have done a good bit of weight training myself but the only heavy lifting I've do was in high school and college when I played volleyball and the kind of lifting we were doing wasn't geared toward looking good, it was more for strength and performance. I'm going to have to research the STS system because I haven't heard of it before but I wish you the best of luck with it! Check in and let me know how it's working for you! :smile:

@ rmartin72 and LishaCole- Thanks for the support :flowerforyou: