Wedding Weigtloss

Options
Ok so I don't agree with women trying to lose weight just for their wedding and then gaining it all back and never caring again until they're too far gone. I am getting married in August and its a good motivator for me to really be strict with my self and lose the last 10lbs I have been wanting to lose for about 4 years now. I'm not at all stressed about the planning so it is entirely possible to do this.

Anyone else getting married want to work with me? Or anyone just want to have a partner in general? I want to lose about 8-10lbs by August 15.

Here's to the next couple months! I can do this! :drinker:

Replies

• cootie
    cootie Posts: 4
    Options
    I am getting married in October and am trying to lose weight also!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Ok so I don't agree with women trying to lose weight just for their wedding and then gaining it all back and never caring again until they're too far gone. I am getting married in August and its a good motivator for me to really be strict with my self and lose the last 10lbs I have been wanting to lose for about 4 years now. I'm not at all stressed about the planning so it is entirely possible to do this.

Anyone else getting married want to work with me? Or anyone just want to have a partner in general? I want to lose about 8-10lbs by August 15.

We're getting married on the same day :flowerforyou:

Best of luck to you!
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options

I am getting married in exactly 4 months from yesterday!! :bigsmile: My plan is to really use the wedding date as a motivator to get my butt in shape so I can stay that way afterward. My goal is to lose 5 pounds by then and really tone up. Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! Keep me posted!
  • dmcohee
    dmcohee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to mention that boxing is a great workout for soon to be brides. I've been boxing since February and can't believe how fast I lost my back boobs :-) Boxing really helps tone your arms, back, and chest, which is what wedding gowns show off the most.

Best wishes to everyone :-)
  • jjoyg
    jjoyg Posts: 12
    Options
    do you box at a class or with a video?
  • AwMyLoLo
    AwMyLoLo Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    Just wanted to mention that boxing is a great workout for soon to be brides. I've been boxing since February and can't believe how fast I lost my back boobs :-) Boxing really helps tone your arms, back, and chest, which is what wedding gowns show off the most.

Best wishes to everyone :-)

When I do a Tae-Bo video, my arms and back are sooo sore the next day!
  • cootie
    Options
    If you guys have a WII the Golds Gym Cardio work out is pretty fun. It's a lot of boxing and has some other exercises on there too!
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    I wish I HAD a set wedding date for a goal. :grumble:
    I've been through 3 different dates.... and now am just kinda like, "whatever."

I think it's a good goal, if you plan on continuing the upkeep.
    Also, I like Turbo Jam... it's kinda a dancy kickboxing type program.
  • rekburnutts
    rekburnutts Posts: 13
    Options
    I am also getting married but in Oct, actually Halloween...My goal right now is to lose weight for my wedding but my Ultimate goal is to lose weight & be healthy to see my kids get married.
  • rekburnutts
    rekburnutts Posts: 13
    Options
    I am getting married in October and am trying to lose weight also!

What date in October ? I am getting married on the 31st. Maybe we can partner up & motivate each other ??
  • rabajrek
    rabajrek Posts: 3
    Options
    IM getting married July 18...starting to stress a bit about workouts and food... i only have a about 5 more pounds I want to lose, but I really just wanna tone up, esp my upper body. No will see my big butt in the dress, but I wouldnt mind being a little bit more tone in my lower body for my honeymoon. i am doing 45 mins cardio 3-4 week and strength training about 4 times a week. Trying to do low carb, but I love fruit to much, so I allow myself to eat fruit and yogurt but not many other carbs or surgar! Good luck girls! Any recommendations on at home video workouts?
  • justforme8
    justforme8 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Hey! I am also getting married, but JULY 4th! 38 days!! ;) and Im in nursing school so my life is hectic! but I am working out 5 days a week and have been before we got engaged (march 5th of this yr) sO it has been a FAST whirlwind. :laugh: But I'd love to buddy up! (and no its not a red white and blue wedding ! lol you would be surprised HOW many people ask me that!! :noway:
  • cootie
    Options
    10/10 is my wedding date! I am on board for parterning up! :smile:
  • dmcohee
    dmcohee Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I take boxing classes at a boxing gym. Very intense workout. It's also a great stress reducer!
  • jjoyg
    jjoyg Posts: 12
    Options
    10/10 is my wedding date! I am on board for parterning up! :smile:

yay! A partner! What is your current workout routine?

I have been using 30 day shred video but I need to be more consistant.
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options

I gained 15 pounds after my wedding a year ago! It was horrible and I felt disgusting! We were really busy and my husband is not super active, but I wanted to spend all my time with him and so since he never wanted to get out and do active things we usually go out to eat or sit around and watch TV!! EEErrrr, so now I am working to try and lose that extra weight plus some I had gained before the wedding. I think it's important to be healthy for your marriage (yes woman, men are visual and it does matter what you look like. He might love you no matter what, but that doesn't mean he won't care what you look like) and it's also important for your children!!! Start good habits now so you can teach your children!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There's nothing that pisses me off more than obese children.
  • pinkyjane48
    pinkyjane48 Posts: 81
    Options
    lol how funny, I thought the SAME thing!! I got married LAST August (I didnt really gain MUCH back, just about 7 lbs in the last 5 months) and I really want to lose that again plus some (lol, my original "after wedding" goal) by our anniversary.

I totally will bandwagon it up with you, miss bride-to-be!

Right now I am sticking to my 30 min cardio routine 5 days a week. I have been doin 3 days a week for the last month and then the last 2 weeks I have been able to do 5 days, so that is what Im working on right now. Also, I do 25 min of strenth training at lunch time at work.

GO August brides! lol

I plan to be at 135 by my wedding anniversary, 08/24
  • pinkyjane48
    pinkyjane48 Posts: 81
    Options
    Scratch that. If I can get to 140 by July 4 (my first goal), then I can get to 135 by August 4.

New goal
    135 by August 4. (right now Im bouncing between 150-148)
  • jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    I, personally, want to lose weight and BE HEALTHY for my wedding, but also for the rest of my life.

Good luck with weight, and your wedding!