SBF2: Reboot Boogaloo! ... May 27

Options
yoginimary
yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
We are back in the 90s this week, but it's almost June so I'll accept that.

Didn't like yesterday's free yoga class. She put an eye-bag on me without asking and pressed on my shoulders in savasana. Did get lots of walking in though - and made it to the gym for walk/jog.

Today - yoga and walking. We are going to try to take our wild one to the vet. She's a big strong girl and is very difficult to get in a carrier. She only sees the vet once every three years (she gets a 3 year rabies) because she's such a pain. Can't pill her either - so sedation is not an option - though I've always pictured using one those ether laced cloths that they use in old movies. Wish us luck!

Summer Boogaloo!

Mary

Replies

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    I hope you get the cat to the vet okay Mary! My cat wigs out whenever she sees the carrier. She hasn't been to the vet in a long time. If she needs one we may be willing to pay one to come to the house!

Today:
    horse therapy
    make a healthy grocery list
    put laundry away
    clean up the house
    church tonight
    I hope to be motivated to clean enough to make up for not working out. So far the day isn't starting out that way.
    Have a good one!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Yeah, we had a vet come to the house - she couldn't get here either. She's a wild one, that Janis. (she was named after Janis Joplin - because she's so wild).
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Today is my non-regimented exercise day. (my new flakey vocabulary for a day off). I will probably just walk to some errands and maybe do some light yoga stretching later. My refrigerator also needs a good cleaning, so that's on my list today.

I keep wondering why there's not a better cat carrier design. I once took my boy to the vet in a picnic basket (I didn't have a carrier yet) and I just plopped him in and closed it up. . .no problem. But, the carrier, that is a different story. He manages to grow extra paws and muscles that make it impossible for him to go in, and it's a traumatic experience for everyone concerned. I think the carrier is more stressful than the actual vet visit. The world needs a large opening, top loading cat carrier. Although, I also think little pre-soaked safe dosage kitty ether rags would also sell like hotcakes.:wink:

Take care, pebbs.:flowerforyou:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Ha! (regarding ether-soaked rags for kitties) One of my cats doesn't mind the carrier so much, although she hates the car and the vet. The other one I usually have to get in there by tipping it up on its end and lowering her in (top-loading, as you say, V). It works so much better than trying to shove her through the door when it's flat. Good luck with Janis!

So I am resting today, in prep for tomorrow's run. I should do more pushups (all I did yesterday was an exhaustion test). It's probably going to be raining tomorrow, so I have to figure out what I can wear for the race that won't leave me freezing or indecent. :embarassed:

Rainy day boogaloo. :flowerforyou:
  • yoginimary
    Options
    There is a top loading carrier. It's only marginally easier. Ours isn't big enough for our big girl.
  • yoginimary
    Options
    Success. I just need a double martini now.
  • cp005e
    Options
    Success. I just need a double martini now.

:laugh: Glad you both survived!
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    The first batch of adoption paperwork is on its way to us! I'm very excited :bigsmile: and scared at the same time. :laugh:
  • cp005e
    Options
    Awesome, MM! :happy: