Freaking out abit...its Friday and I need motivation!

Options
I worked so hard for 3 weeks and lost 8 lbs. (totally stoked), the last weekend came around and by Monday I had gained back 4 lbs. Not sure how that happened exactlly...haha! Anyway, its taken me all week to lose the 4 lbs. and now its Friday again!!!!!! We are having house guests and my family is less than supportive. I do alot of cooking and have very athletic (hungry) teen-aged boys and a super hungry husband! I would LOVE some words of wisdom to carry me through the weekend. I can't keep letting my weight go up and down...it's making me a kinda CRAZY!!!!

Replies

• desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    If you do the cooking - you can control what is there. Cook healthy so you can eat small portions of the same food. Keep good snacks around! If it is nice - get everyone outside (out of the house and away from the food)! At least get yourself out for a walk!

Good luck - family can be tough!:flowerforyou:
  • Jenph20
    Jenph20 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    THROW THE SCALE AWAY!! take measurements, they are more accurate and give you abetter idea of how well you are doing. its hard to stay motivated when you dont have the support you need. I created a fb support group for ladies only if youd like to join. send me a msg! we would love to have you :)
  • genablue
    genablue Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    OMG, I could have written this exact same thing....two HUNGRY boys who eat constantly and their friends and a husband who is just about as bad as they are. I do the same thing and could just kill myself on Monday......recently I have been cutting up fruit with everything I make for them, if i feel tempted to just munch, i eat that.......i also roasted some chick peas and pop one of them in my mouth when i see them chewing on everything.

I have found if I keep in mind what my goal is then i do better and portion control portion control PORTION CONTROL...we can do this, it's just outta habit that you eat more on the weekends....good luck and let me know if you have or anyone any other solutions!