bikini

Options
I have not worn a bikini in 16 yrs. besides infront of family. When I look at the pic. I see fat thighs and hips, still working on my stomach. And when I look at my stomach it looks fat to me, but looking at the pic. it doesn't look so fat. Does anyone else see one thing then look at a pic. and see it different??

Replies

• brandillyn
    brandillyn Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    You look awesome in a bikini! Absolutly fabulous.
  • jamja72
    jamja72 Posts: 192
    Options
    When I look at current pictures I see a thinner person than I do in the mirror.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    You look great!
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the compliments.....but I was getting at a point here. Do you think sometimes we see our selves one way and then when our bodies start to change we don't see it as well as others do??
  • bikermike5094
    bikermike5094 Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    absolutely.. we see ourselves everyday so we dont notice the small changes so much. But someone who sees you once every week or two will notice the changes more often.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    yes. In my brain, I am still around 260....... It has not translated yet. Every now and then someone will take a picture of me and it will shock me that I am NOT who I was.
  • Lifting_chick
    Lifting_chick Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    :smile:
    yes. In my brain, I am still around 260....... It has not translated yet. Every now and then someone will take a picture of me and it will shock me that I am NOT who I was.

You look great, great job losing all that weight
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    It's the reason I take photos regularly. What I see in the mirror isn't what everyone else sees.

It's the complete opposite, sort of, of how I was before I lost weight. Then, I'd look in the mirror and think I looked great, then see photos and think, "Where the hell did the extra chins come from?! I don't really look like THAT, do I?!"

I think it's that my mental image of myself is somewhere between where I was at my high weight, and where I am now. My brain didn't catch up to me either time.... it's still stuck somewhere in the middle.

Edit: AND... you look fantastic!!! :drinker:
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    yeah, I still feel fat too, starting to develop a complex over it. Pictures I can tell, just when I look in the mirror, I see some change but not the whole change
  • Mskraizy
    Mskraizy Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I couldn't agree more. That's why I love snappin pics in the fitting rooms! lol cause it's like WOW, I didn't know I looked so small! But when I look in the mirror I still see me when I first started. Forget the fact that I dropped numerous jean sizes and actually look tasteful in a bathing suit, you still weigh 214.:noway:

But it calls for a nice surprise. :bigsmile:
  • larkiedeek
    larkiedeek Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I still think I look the same as I did 3 months ago. So I have lost about 2-3 inches from my waist and none of my clothes fit anymore but I don't think I have changed a single bit.

It's not just you.

I could drop another 10 lbs and I think I would look exactly the same. I do feel stronger in my fitness levels though, but you can't measure that in a mirror.
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    It's the reason I take photos regularly. What I see in the mirror isn't what everyone else sees.

It's the complete opposite, sort of, of how I was before I lost weight. Then, I'd look in the mirror and think I looked great, then see photos and think, "Where the hell did the extra chins come from?! I don't really look like THAT, do I?!"

I think it's that my mental image of myself is somewhere between where I was at my high weight, and where I am now. My brain didn't catch up to me either time.... it's still stuck somewhere in the middle.

Edit: AND... you look fantastic!!! :drinker:

YEP, THIS!
  • kaitlynnrogers
    kaitlynnrogers Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    oh my goooodness!! you look fabulous in a bikini!! show off your body girl!!(: you have amazing curves!!
  • mrsgroove
    mrsgroove Posts: 44
    Options
    I totally agree with the others. I still see myself in the mirror as fat. I still think my stomach is fat and I of course still focus on my other "problem" areas. I get compilments and I catch myself saying "well.... I still need to lose more..." But looking at myself in photos (old ones AND new ones) help me see the progress. And by the way, you totally rock that bikini. I expect to see another photo of you wearing it at the pool or beach soon!