GREEN GRAM CHILA (HIGH PROTEIN DINNER UNDER 150 )

Options
paruls86
paruls86 Posts: 188 Member
Hey
I just made a new recipe these are pancakes made of Green gram and uses vegetarian ingredients. Cottage cheese can be easily replaced with Tofu
Ingredients
Green Gram Sprouts, 1 cup uncooked
Cottage cheese - Lowfat, 2% milkfat, 0.5 cup
Onions - Raw, 0.5 cup, chopped
Tomatoes - Red, ripe, raw, year round average, 0.5 cup, chopped or sliced

Total: 212
Per Serving: 106

Protein -12 g per serve

Preperation

Soak mung daal overnight in water.
The daal should start sprouting in 12 hours or so. Blend daal in Food Processor to achieve a smooth consistency. Add salt as per taste.
Crumble cottage cheese and add finely chopped onions, tomatoes and corriander(if desired).Add salt to the mixture.
Put a non stick tawa over medium flame and spread the dal batter like a pancake or dosa. You can make it as thick or as thin as you want.
It will take 2 minutes on this heat to cook from one side. Using a spatula flip the 'chilla' and cook other side as you desire.
Take it off the heat and put filling in the centre and fold.
If desired you can add oil while cooking but it is not required. the serving size shown is considering you have only chila as dinner, divide calorie and nutrient information for total by the number of chila you make.
Try to make your own cottage cheese with toned milk. (will add the recipe for it soon)

Visit my blog for more recipes...
http://justloosingit.blogspot.in/2012/03/moong-daal-chilla.html

Replies

• th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I grew up eating these minus the cottage cheese. We add a green chilli when blending the dal & make thin crispy chila :)