I ran 3.2 miles without stopping today!!

Options
gustergirl
gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
I am estatic. I have been walking/running for 5 months and today I finally reached my goal!!! I have had so many mental blocks, didnt think I could ever do this. It was the best feeling in the world. If you are working toward a goal, keep going-keep pushing! It will happen!!

Replies

• Philde04
    Philde04 Posts: 160
    Options
    Way to go!!!!!! That is my goal too!!! How did you work up to that??
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Great job! I just started jogging and I can successfully do one mile. I'm hoping by the end of the summer to be able to jog 4.5 miles. You are my inspiration!
  • Tamishumate
    Tamishumate Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    that is awesome! Way to go!
  • nwfamilygal
    nwfamilygal Posts: 635
    Options
    Great job :flowerforyou: Keep up the great work:drinker:
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Great job!

That's an awesome accomplishment!

:drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Wow, way to go. that is so awesome :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    That is freaking fanTAStic!!! I can't wait until I can run for 10 minutes straight!!

WOOT!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    WOW!!!! Way to go ! That is so cool and quite an accomplishment !!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: Cindy :heart:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Your first 5k!!! :drinker:

• ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    Congrats! Way to go!!!
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    WooHooooo!!!

Good job!!!! I bet it feels great to accomplish your goal!!! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • chicaloca6470
    chicaloca6470 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    i have such an issue with running and i just never do it because i suck at it so bad. i wish i could say i could run for 5 minutes but cant even do that.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO congratulations!!!!!

2. to Chicaloca- YES YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!! all it takes is starting slow, being persistent, sticking to the goal.
    I signed up for a 5K when I felt the SAME as you- "I cant run" and I started a 12-week long couch to5K program. I found out... YES I CAN!!! You don't start with 5 minutes, you walk 3 minutes, run for 1, work your way up SLOWLY and before you know it, the weeks fly by, and you are a RUNNER!

if you are interested, just let me know and I will direct you to the program I used... or just google "couch to 5K". there are TONS of different ones out there, and YOU CAN DO IT!
  • lyla29
    lyla29 Posts: 3,549 Member
    Options
    i have such an issue with running and i just never do it because i suck at it so bad. i wish i could say i could run for 5 minutes but cant even do that.

that's me. I used to jog/run, and lost a lot of weight, but now I have knee problems, and am scared to try running again. I am slowly trying to jog in between walking, but most of the time my knee starts to hurt and I stop, but I will keep trying unless my knee hurts too bad.
  • toribug
    toribug Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    :drinker: WAY TO GO!!!! I wish I could even run 1 mile, I have bum knees and cannot believe how out of shape I let myself get. You done a great job, be proud of yourself.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    w00t! way to go!!
  • chicaloca6470
    Options
    1. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO congratulations!!!!!

2. to Chicaloca- YES YOU CAN!!!!!!!!!!! all it takes is starting slow, being persistent, sticking to the goal.
    I signed up for a 5K when I felt the SAME as you- "I cant run" and I started a 12-week long couch to5K program. I found out... YES I CAN!!! You don't start with 5 minutes, you walk 3 minutes, run for 1, work your way up SLOWLY and before you know it, the weeks fly by, and you are a RUNNER!

if you are interested, just let me know and I will direct you to the program I used... or just google "couch to 5K". there are TONS of different ones out there, and YOU CAN DO IT!

thanx for the motivation ive read about the couch to 5k and have thought about doing it. another huge huge reason i hate running is becuase im very large chested and guys just always stare(i know its a tupid reason but it just makes me so uncomftorable). when my foot gets better i think ill try this though
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    so am I, girl, that's what industrial strength sports bras were invented for. strap those babies down and go for it!!!

when I started running, I was a 42DD. NOT comfy!

as my weight has come down, so has my boobs.
    38D, as of today :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    and WAY easier to harness:laugh:
  • chicaloca6470
    Options
    so am I, girl, that's what industrial strength sports bras were invented for. strap those babies down and go for it!!!

when I started running, I was a 42DD. NOT comfy!

as my weight has come down, so has my boobs.
    38D, as of today :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
    and WAY easier to harness:laugh:

LMAO im a 42D right now, i wish the cup size would shrink but yea im just big busted but hey it willbe nice to one day say hey im a 34D lol. yea i gotta find a good sports bra, have any recommendations?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!