Doing the happy dance--finally ran 3.2 miles without stoppin

Options
I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo HAPPY!!!!!

Yesterday it was a crappy day out-it was raining and noone was out. I wasnt even sure if I should run. For most days I could get halfway through the run and then mentally talk myself out of going further. Today I just kept a steady pace, talked to myself in a positive way and just felt the power in me. I was even talking to objects like the tree I have to pass when I go up the hill --I joked with it and said see you in a few to keep myself going! LOL

If you are trying to reach a goal or trying to physcially get your body to do something--keep trying!! It will happy and it will feel amazing! I am still on a high from it today!!!! :)

Replies

• GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Yay! Good for you!

I recently ran a whole mile without walking at all for the first time in a long time and it felt great! Hopefully in a couple more months I will be where you are, running over 3 miles!
  • Odekwe
    Odekwe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Now it's time to sign up for a 5K! ;)
  • rlw911
    rlw911 Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

I've been wanting to start running, so I'm working my way up on the treadmill. Now that school will be out soon, I want to try jogging on the high school track and see how much different it is compared to the treadmill
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Good for you!!!
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Good job!! That is awesome :drinker:
  • demezat
    demezat Posts: 158
    Options
    WOW That's awesome!! Hopefully one day I'll not pee my pants when I try to run...LMAO just curious...how long did it take you to complete your run? or did you time yourself?