Sun --2 miles
Mon--2 miles
Tues--3.2 miles :):):)
Wed
Thu-Rest Day
Fri-Rest Day
Sat-2 to 3 miles
Sun-2 to 3 miles

Yesterday I ran the longest I have ever run! I can feel it today with my body but doing ok. I am taking 2 rest days this week just with my schedule (gradation/school dance)

Should I try to run again long distance? Should I walk the 3.2 miles? Thanks!!

Replies

• jlhcrh3
    jlhcrh3 Posts: 314
    Options
    this is just my opinion, but maybe you could start out walking, and then if you are still feeling sore just walk, but if you're soreness is relieved, maybe try some light jogging?
  • heygirl1954
    heygirl1954 Posts: 92
    Options
    Personally I would do something if you are not to sore, even if it is just a mile or so, I find if I don't I feel worse than if I would have just done alittle..Keep up the good work!!!
  • bagaydina
    bagaydina Posts: 46
    Options
    be careful not to hurt your back, it happened to me once, i ran 5 miles without resting it hit me in the back so hard i couldn't sit or stand or even walk myself to the bathroom
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi there, since you are going to take two rest days, I might would try to run today if you feel like it. And if you feel tired or sore after a mile or two then you still did great :flowerforyou:
  • annhjk
    annhjk Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    That's what I"m trying to decide today too. I'm thinking about starting out walking at an incline and if the mood strikes, I'll pick it up to a run.

HOw about doing a little interval training? Walk 2 min, run as fast as you can for 1 minute, and repeat as long as you want to (or the 3.2 miles). Now that I think about it, that sounds like a good plan for me too. I haven't done that for a long time.

Happy decision making! I'm going to force myself on my treadmill. Cool, cloudy days do not motivate me to work out!
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Well, I am a bad one to answer because I don't take my own advice! LOL!
    You probably should either do a shorter run than 3.2 miles, or walk it.
    4 days in a row is tougher on your body than you think.
    I have completely ignored all traditional advice about increasing distance (no more than 10% per week) and pushed myself into either a really bad shinsplint or possibly a stress fracture.
    I did 20 miles in 3 consecutive days last week with a total weekly mileage over 25,when I've only been running since mid April. Now this is where the do as I say, not as I do comes in......
    I'm still running and probably won't quit unless I get put in a cast. I have a really hilly 5k to run in 2 weeks, can't lose my conditioning.
    . Don't follow my example. :noway:
    Psychologically I know it's a bad idea to run through the pain,
    emotionally I can't bear the idea of stopping.

Whatever you decide...have a wonderful workout!

Becky