Anyone Tried JM Shred it With Weights and JM Six Week Six Pa

Options
I just got both as i am going to try them, and wonder what others have thought or what success they have seen?

i also need to figure out what weight to be using for the Shred DVD...

Replies

• lindseykp
    lindseykp Posts: 76
    Options
    I use 5 lb weights and it's pretty hard by the end. I also did the Ripped in 30 before the shred. I would start with 3 lbs. if you're a beginner. I think that's what they use in the DVD, because mine look bigger.

7759450.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • lindseykp
    Options
    Oh, shred it with weights....I did the 30 day shred. So I guess I'm not sure what you would need...
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Good night, you're using 5s? I use a mix of hand weights for the 30 day shred. I use 5s for the chest fly, but everything else is 2s or 3s.
  • nnylee
    nnylee Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I use 6lb weights, but I'd been lifting weights before 30DS. So if you're a beginner, I suggest 3lbs.
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I have done Ripped in 30, and used 3lbs to start, and now i use 5lbs except for a couple exercises that my shoulder can't handle weights with or it pops out painfully and then i am hooped for weeks. I wonder if i should just use the 5lb to start the Shred with weights, or get a 10lb kettle bell to use?
  • lindseykp
    Options
    Good night, you're using 5s? I use a mix of hand weights for the 30 day shred. I use 5s for the chest fly, but everything else is 2s or 3s.

I bought 5's thinking that was what I needed for the DVD. Started it and realized I should have gotten 3's! I didn't want to buy new weights so I just pushed myself to use the 5's.
  • idziak04
    idziak04 Posts: 69
    Options
    I am doing the six week six pack and it is challenging, but I love it!! I am on day 5 level one.
  • JodaNord
    JodaNord Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Got to say, i really like the 6WK6PK dvd, it works the abs really well. You feel it the next day. I did the shred with weights, and used a 5 lb that i had, but its way easy with that. SO i got a 8 lb one to try, and if thats still easy, there is a 10lb that i will try.