Any 40 year olds out there?

Options

Replies

• TracyRFogleson
    Options
    always willing to offer support to those in need. Have a major hard time of that myself
  • TracyRFogleson
    Options
    I know that for myself having the 1400 was a little bit easier to reach. I know the tape that you are working out with as well, I am no longer using mine as I am using the wii fit now. the only thing i see as the best way to make the 2lbs per week is make sure that you are not eating alot of junk food, keep the fried foods minimal as well as soda. Walk at least 15-30 minutes per day if at all possible, giving yourself a break from the workout video (not using it daily) Over the last year I have managed to drop the 23 lbs, gain a few back and drop them again by just walking and watching what I eat or don't eat. I tend to deal with stress and loneliness by eating the day away. So please dont be offended by my statement. The vidoes that you are using are great just make sure you are able to mix it up some as your body will get used to the routine. Best of luck and feel free to add me as a friend if you want. Could always use friends and support this is a great website that is for sure.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Any tips for being a 40 something yr/o to lose weight? When I was in my 20's and 30's, it seemed much easier. I am now trying diligently, andprogress is very, very slow. Does anyone else find that being female and in your 40's it is harder to lose weight? I have lost 8 pounds since January, but found this site last week.(I love it, BTW.) I'm hoping for about 2 pounds a week, and I have been working out with a Tae Bo video(I'm sure you know the one I'm talking about.) MY calorie plan says 1200, however I have read in other posts on this site that maybe a couple of hundred more would be better...what do you all think?

In December of 2009 I weighed 168 lbs, I am now 123. I joined MFP last April and have solidly stuck to this plan for 277 days. IMO 1200 is too low, I am 5'2" and 44 yrs old and held steady when I stayed at 1200 calories. I now use this spreadsheet for my calorie goals, http://interzone.kicks-*kitten*.net/Calculating_calories.xls I got it from this thread http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/510980-my-gift-excel-spreadsheet-for-bmr-tdee-cut-build-and-ma?hl=my+gift+to+you&page=3#posts-7421017 I found this most important thing was to make sure I was eating enough! Eating at 1200 calories was not enough for me. My profile and diary are both open, feel free to look through it.
  • janetsalley
    janetsalley Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    44 here...!!! Need some 40+ friends
  • Kerri_is_so_very
    Kerri_is_so_very Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    Turning 41 in June...will take any and all 40ish friends :)
  • busymnmom
    busymnmom Posts: 133
    Options
    Also looking for more friends! I am 40 and struggling getting rid of this weight!!

amy
  • mos1971
    mos1971 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I turned 40 in Nov and it is true life does begin at 40, im losing weight and getting fitter, loving it at the moment
  • simbatabby
    Options
    Hi everyone, Im 41 and finding the scales quite hard to budge no matter what I try so please fell free to add me for motivation vise versa
  • AMike98
    AMike98 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm 43....fill free to add me as a friend!!
  • rachaela06
    rachaela06 Posts: 167
    Options
    I'm turning 40 in a few months and set a goal for myself to be fit and living a healthier lifestyle by my birthday. I didn't have much weight to loose, but lots of toning up and healthier eating. I want to be around for my kids for a long time!! Feel free to add me, looking for some more encouragement.
  • 1natacha
    1natacha Posts: 14
    Options
    I'll be 40 in June!
  • kady11
    kady11 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    40 and kickin it! hahaha!
  • razorbecky
    razorbecky Posts: 134
    Options
    Just turned 40 in January ...loving it!!!
  • Suzieq5
    Suzieq5 Posts: 19
    Options
    46, feel free to add me:happy:
  • cbl40
    cbl40 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Me! Add me if you'd like!
  • RenCara
    RenCara Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I am 42 and think I am doing OK... I am in better shape now than at any other time in my life. Please feel free to add me.
  • ksimmn
    ksimmn Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I will be 39 in august ;-)
  • mignon83
    mignon83 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    :love: to say my age in month will be 47!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Hi there....I'm 46 here and I could use some more friends my age too so feel free to add me. I log on faithfully everyday and be glad to support you:) Anyone else that needs extra support too would be great:) Good luck!
  • Adshill
    Adshill Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    40 here! Anyone can add me :smile: