Replies

• tabchanges
    tabchanges Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Don't Trust Me - 3OH!3
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    i think someone posted a good "playlist" thread the other week.

mine is still the same as last week....

Guns N Roses: Appetite For Destruction
    Cannibal Corpse: Evisceration Plague
    Cannibal Corpse: Kill
    Hatebreed: Satisfaction is the Death of Desire
    Hatebreed: Perseverance
    Sepultura: Arise
    Sepultura: Chaos A.D.
    Pantera: Vulgar Display of Power
    Throwdown: Venom & Tears
    Warzone: Lower East Side
    Downset: Do We Speak A Dead Language
    Megadeth: Countdown To Extinction
    Danzig: Best of...
    Judas Priest: Best of...
    Zao: Where Blood & Fire Brings Rest
    Embodyment: Embrace The Eternal

I think I just burned 200 calories typing all that heavy metal out!

Maybe you would like my son's band. Check them out at Southern Syndrum.com or on YouTube. My son is the lead guitar player. They are pretty good, the videos really don't do them justice but you can get the jest of the music.
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    I'm sitting in an office so I am listening to a station that plays older softer stuff but I like almost everything except for rap. I especially love old rock like Bad Company, Styx, Journey, stuff like that.

Memaw
  • mello
    mello Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    i always have a song in my head. right now its jack johnson thanks to trouble's toes. :bigsmile:

Love me some JJ!!!!!
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Options
    Kraftwerk - Trans Europe Express

ahhh the sweet sounds of electric music.

nice.....

you listen to any Frontline Assembly?

Haven't heard of them, but if they are like Kraftwerk I would probably :heart: :heart: :heart: them! Will check them out! Thanks for the tip!:wink:

Frontline Assembly is a Canadian electro-industrial band formed by Bill Leeb after he left Skinny Puppy. Check out either Total Terror or Millennium. Those are my two favorites.

I had Kraftwerk- Autobahn which was a great album. I didn't get much into electronica, I was more into Germany industrial stuff. A buddy of mine knew all those obscure bands. He got me into FLA, KMFDM, Pig, Skinny Puppy, old Ministry (when they were actually industrial), so on and so forth.
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    "Vermillion Part 2" by Slipknot

The only thing I've heard by them that I like.
  • tabchanges
    Options
    Stars Go Blue - Tim McGraw
  • sinisme
    sinisme Posts: 148 Member
    Options

nice.....

Wow, do you listen to FLA??? They were in austin, tx recently and me and the hubster wanted to go.. but we just couldnt make it.
  • sinisme
    sinisme Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I'm currently listening to Seether's version of Careless Whisper.. lol.. good stuff.
    On my playlist i have just different kinds of music like...

Justin Timberlake
    Namnambulu
    The Retrosic
    Zombie Girl
    Horror Pops
    Garbage
    Flyleaf
    Imperative Reaction
    Rammstein
    Oomph!
    Wumpscut
    Nitzer Ebb
    Three Days Grace
    Seether
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Cake
    And One
    NIN

good stuff.. there's a ton more.. but that's all i can remember off the top of my head.
    :drinker:
  • xsargex
    Options
    I'm currently listening to Seether's version of Careless Whisper.. lol.. good stuff.
    On my playlist i have just different kinds of music like...

Justin Timberlake
    Namnambulu
    The Retrosic
    Zombie Girl
    Horror Pops
    Garbage
    Flyleaf
    Imperative Reaction
    Rammstein
    Oomph!
    Wumpscut
    Nitzer Ebb
    Three Days Grace
    Seether
    Five Finger Death Punch
    Cake
    And One
    NIN

good stuff.. there's a ton more.. but that's all i can remember off the top of my head.
    :drinker:

word, I didn't even realize FLA were still doing live peformances. Thats a band I've always wanted to witness live, atleast once in my life.

Flyleaf, THIS is a band that doesn't get enough recognition!
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    i think someone posted a good "playlist" thread the other week.

mine is still the same as last week....

Guns N Roses: Appetite For Destruction
    Cannibal Corpse: Evisceration Plague
    Cannibal Corpse: Kill
    Hatebreed: Satisfaction is the Death of Desire
    Hatebreed: Perseverance
    Sepultura: Arise
    Sepultura: Chaos A.D.
    Pantera: Vulgar Display of Power
    Throwdown: Venom & Tears
    Warzone: Lower East Side
    Downset: Do We Speak A Dead Language
    Megadeth: Countdown To Extinction
    Danzig: Best of...
    Judas Priest: Best of...
    Zao: Where Blood & Fire Brings Rest
    Embodyment: Embrace The Eternal

I think I just burned 200 calories typing all that heavy metal out!

wow.... a whole bunch of love songs there :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options

nice.....

Haven't heard of them, but if they are like Kraftwerk I would probably :heart: :heart: :heart: them! Will check them out! Thanks for the tip!:wink:

Frontline Assembly is a Canadian electro-industrial band formed by Bill Leeb after he left Skinny Puppy. Check out either Total Terror or Millennium. Those are my two favorites.

I had Kraftwerk- Autobahn which was a great album. I didn't get much into electronica, I was more into Germany industrial stuff. A buddy of mine knew all those obscure bands. He got me into FLA, KMFDM, Pig, Skinny Puppy, old Ministry (when they were actually industrial), so on and so forth.

wow I forgot all about KMFDM. awesome. I am so glad I saw your post!! LIMEWIRE.... here I come!!:laugh:

I found a CD by Yamo in a virgin records superstore, didn't know a thing about electronica, just thought wow it's different... then when I went looking for more like it, I found Kraftwerk, I guess one of the former members of Kraftwerk became Yamo. Super good.
    I didn't know it until later, but Kraftwerk is the music on the SNL skit "sprockets" with Mike Meyers. :laugh:
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    What is it with you military men and your metal, Sarge?! :laugh: I swear, that almost looks like something my husband would type up.

I'm in a 30 Seconds to Mars, Breaking Benjamin and Chevelle kind of mood today. Maybe a little bit of Cold and Default will make the list, too. I've got lots of studying to do!

LOVE Cold and Default!

YESSSS!!!!! Most people I talk to have never heard of either!

Right now it's on Cold - When Angels Fly Away (our deployment song :sad: )

I discovered Default from Life as a House - love that movie!
    What CD is that from? I only have one of Cold's albums right now - Year of the Spider, I think.
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    What is it with you military men and your metal, Sarge?! :laugh: I swear, that almost looks like something my husband would type up.

I'm in a 30 Seconds to Mars, Breaking Benjamin and Chevelle kind of mood today. Maybe a little bit of Cold and Default will make the list, too. I've got lots of studying to do!

LOVE Cold and Default!

YESSSS!!!!! Most people I talk to have never heard of either!

Right now it's on Cold - When Angels Fly Away (our deployment song :sad: )

I discovered Default from Life as a House - love that movie!
    What CD is that from? I only have one of Cold's albums right now - Year of the Spider, I think.

I have my husband to thank for both Default and Cold. He loves finding new or different bands to listen to. The Cold song is from their newest album, A Different Kind of Pain. I liked 13 Ways to Bleed on Stage better than Year of the Spider but I've yet to hear a Cold song I didn't like.

I'm on my hubby's Jango station right now. It's a pretty cool site! I haven't figured out how to search for people and stuff but his station is 108.0 The Phoenix.
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    I'm dragging today so I'm working out to Godsmack/whatever
    (over and over and over.....gotta keep it down so dd doesn't hear any 'bad' words....LOL)

Kim
  • tabchanges
    Options
    "No, you can't hurry love. No, you'll just have to wait. They say love don't come eeeassssyyyy it's a game of give and take"

haha
  • kimber607
    kimber607 Posts: 7,128 Member
    Options
    Now, I'm listening To fuel (shimmer)
  • xsargex
    Options

nice.....

wow I forgot all about KMFDM. awesome. I am so glad I saw your post!! LIMEWIRE.... here I come!!:laugh:

I found a CD by Yamo in a virgin records superstore, didn't know a thing about electronica, just thought wow it's different... then when I went looking for more like it, I found Kraftwerk, I guess one of the former members of Kraftwerk became Yamo. Super good.
    I didn't know it until later, but Kraftwerk is the music on the SNL skit "sprockets" with Mike Meyers. :laugh:

I can't really get into just strictly electronica, I gotta have some kinda traditional instrumentation going on. But I'm not one of those guys that worships lyrical content. I just like good beats and solid riffs or even just a real eclectic variety of instruments, which is why industrial was always a great medium.
    KMFDM was always hit and miss for me. They either had more rock/metal-influenced albums and then they'd put out a more electronic/synth album and I'd totally have to tune out.

What else do you listen too?
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options

nice.....

I can't really get into just strictly electronica, I gotta have some kinda traditional instrumentation going on. But I'm not one of those guys that worships lyrical content. I just like good beats and solid riffs or even just a real eclectic variety of instruments, which is why industrial was always a great medium.
    KMFDM was always hit and miss for me. They either had more rock/metal-influenced albums and then they'd put out a more electronic/synth album and I'd totally have to tune out.

What else do you listen too?

lots of every kind of thing, but no country..:noway: .:laugh:
    I have residing in my ipod : morphine, kwame, kraftwerk, rolling stones, snoop dog, alanis morrissette, john mayer, zz top, rammstein, lady gaga, sublime, crystal method, bel biv devoe, jason mraz, beyonce, cypress hill, the killers, lenny kravitz, ac/dc, amy winehouse, allman brothers, arrested development, barenaked ladies, smashing pumpkins, van halen, luscious jackson, madonna, etc. etc.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    Options
    kraftwerk blows me away because they are making all the music themselves, no midi. you know how on a keyboard, you can set a beat, and it will just repeat itself? that's midi. Kraftwerk hand-produces every sound, so the perfect beats, the amazing timing, that's THEM, not just the synthesizer doing it for them. I think that is freaking amazing. especially when some of the tracks are like 10-15-20 minutes long. :love:
    their shows are supposed to be some kind of something else. they don't dance around, it's just the four of them at their synths, creating live and slightly remixed versions of each song.