Eating too much :(

vickyclare96
vickyclare96 Posts: 124 Member
edited September 19 in Health and Weight Loss
i'm getting so annoyed with my self :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :embarassed: :grumble: :grumble: Yesterday i had a really bad day and ate about 2000 cals :explode: :explode: So i decided just to not enter yesterday into my food diary :laugh: :laugh: Anyway, i woke up this morning and thought right, lets gets back onto the bandwagon but i cant seem to do it!!! it's so annoying i'm was feeling so "hungry" i went to the fridge and ate 5oz of brie with crackers :grumble: :grumble: I have also eaten loads more totalling to 1600cals and it's only 4.20 pm :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: I can't do much exercis e as it's thundering outside, i have no exercise machines or wii fit! What to do?
Please Help!!
Vicky :flowerforyou:

Replies

• kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    1600 calories isn't THAT much. it's propably close to where you should actually be to lose weight (1200 a day is really only ok if you're obese or larger). You can't go outside to exercise. ok. so put on your favourite CD and bust a move for a good half hour. there. you eared your dinner.

You're really going to have to get into the habit of planning your meals and snacks in advance. Do it early in the morning, or the night before. That way you know what you can eat without exceeding your daily calories.
  • vickyclare96
    1600 cals is a lot considering my goal is 1200 :grumble: :grumble:
  • OliveBranch
    OliveBranch Posts: 104
    I have been the same way lately for some reason...
    Make sure you're not depriving yourself of anything while restricting your calories.
    Maybe this is your body's way of telling you you need more of a certain nutrient, or that 1200 is just too little. You may want to consider adjusting your calorie goal for a few days and see if that helps.
    Beyond that, all you can do is try and try!
    It's hard after a bad few days, I know:grumble:
    Just don't wait to jump back on board!
    You'll do great. Be gentle with yourself!
    -OB:flowerforyou:
  • healthychic
    healthychic Posts: 298
    Thats way to little of calories I think for you. Mine is set at 1,430 calories and I go over that a lot and I still lose weight. You really can eat more than 1,200 just exercise more and you will see a difference. A person can eat 1,200 calories for the rest of your life and be fat just because their metabolism is too low from not exercising. Trust me, up the calories a bit and the exercise and you will notice the weight falling off.
    Also if you have ondemand through Comcast you can go to exercise TV and do those work-outs, they are perfect for rainy days.

-Danielle
  • vickyclare96
    Thats way to little of calories I think for you. Mine is set at 1,430 calories and I go over that a lot and I still lose weight. You really can eat more than 1,200 just exercise more and you will see a difference. A person can eat 1,200 calories for the rest of your life and be fat just because their metabolism is too low from not exercising. Trust me, up the calories a bit and the exercise and you will notice the weight falling off.
    Also if you have ondemand through Comcast you can go to exercise TV and do those work-outs, they are perfect for rainy days.

-Danielle
    I live in the uk, and don't have on demand x
  • cediyam
    cediyam Posts: 181 Member
    I went through a phase where I ate a lot. No matter how hard I tried I just couldn't stop. so I bought more fruits and veggies and less processed foods. so even when i'd ate a lot I didn't go too far from my daily target. try that and see if it helps.
  • Ahmee2034
    Ahmee2034 Posts: 1,330 Member
    :flowerforyou: :wink:
    i'm getting so annoyed with my self :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :embarassed: :grumble: :grumble: Yesterday i had a really bad day and ate about 2000 cals :explode: :explode: So i decided just to not enter yesterday into my food diary :laugh: :laugh: Anyway, i woke up this morning and thought right, lets gets back onto the bandwagon but i cant seem to do it!!! it's so annoying i'm was feeling so "hungry" i went to the fridge and ate 5oz of brie with crackers :grumble: :grumble: I have also eaten loads more totalling to 1600cals and it's only 4.20 pm :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: I can't do much exercis e as it's thundering outside, i have no exercise machines or wii fit! What to do?
    Please Help!!

Hey, cheer up! We're human! I had that kinda day Monday. Guess what I did Tuesday? I got up and started over. Its the only thing we can do. We CAN'T GIVE UP! Each day we wake up is God's gift at another chance to try and get it right. If we don't at least try, we fail automatically. Success means you don't give up! Not giving up IS success.

My sister has the same problem you do with working out. So, she came over yesterday. I have a small gym set up at my house so she comes over when she can to work out. I gave her some exercises she can do at home on the days she can't make it to my house to workout. You may want to try some of these...just suggestions.

To build strength, you could do lunges using weights (1/2 gal water jugs, big sized canned goods, whatever you have with a good weight to it) and focus on the repititions, not the speed. You alternate arms. You could do so many different strength exercises with everyday things in your house! I made it a game for her. Look around your house for things that you think will work as weights. Also, stretch helps to keep you limber on days you don't get to do a full on workout. There is so much you could do at and in your home! It's kinda fun to see how clever you can get.

Anyway, like I said, just suggestions. I'm the kind of person that looks forward to working out. If you're not as "crazy" as me, take baby steps. Anything is better than nothing.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing.
  • vickyclare96
    :flowerforyou: :wink:
    Please Help!!

Hey, cheer up! We're human! I had that kinda day Monday. Guess what I did Tuesday? I got up and started over. Its the only thing we can do. We CAN'T GIVE UP! Each day we wake up is God's gift at another chance to try and get it right. If we don't at least try, we fail automatically. Success means you don't give up! Not giving up IS success.

My sister has the same problem you do with working out. So, she came over yesterday. I have a small gym set up at my house so she comes over when she can to work out. I gave her some exercises she can do at home on the days she can't make it to my house to workout. You may want to try some of these...just suggestions.

To build strength, you could do lunges using weights (1/2 gal water jugs, big sized canned goods, whatever you have with a good weight to it) and focus on the repititions, not the speed. You alternate arms. You could do so many different strength exercises with everyday things in your house! I made it a game for her. Look around your house for things that you think will work as weights. Also, stretch helps to keep you limber on days you don't get to do a full on workout. There is so much you could do at and in your home! It's kinda fun to see how clever you can get.

Anyway, like I said, just suggestions. I'm the kind of person that looks forward to working out. If you're not as "crazy" as me, take baby steps. Anything is better than nothing.

Good luck and let us know how you're doing.
    Ok i will try, this thanks for the help, i guess i am just a little bit less motivated because this is the second day in a row:cry:
  • tbrown1025
    tbrown1025 Posts: 165
    I also think 1200 is too little; that would be your goal to stay close to lose weight if you're not exercising...at least that's what mine is, but I exercise so i can eat a bit more b/c 1200 cals can be hard. I think the website: exercisetv.tv has some free online workouts.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member

-Danielle
    I live in the uk, and don't have on demand x

Go on Youtube..there are tons of exercise videos there
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Please Help!!

You own the food, the food doesn't own YOU. Take control right now instead of 'waiting for tomorrow'. We're all going to have tough days, and sometimes it's actually good to shock your body this way - it keeps your metabolism guessing. Plan ahead for your meals, break them down into 5-6 mini meals so that your body is getting a steady stream of fuel - this helps you avoid binging on stuff you don't need. Nothing that you ate was actually bad, just the amounts. Remember you're in good company, and we sympathise with you. You'll be fine, I just know it. :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • chicaloca6470
    chicaloca6470 Posts: 117 Member
    dont feel bad yesterday my husband took me to dairy queen and i ordered a small oreo blizzard, i told myself i wouldnt eat it all and i did i went over by 500 calories but hey it could have been worse and today im doing well. dont give up.
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    To start, I would definetly try planning your meals ahead. That way you are less impulsive and less likely to choose foods that will put you above your calorie count. You don't need to belong to a gym or have a wii fit. Try finding workouts online that you can do. I know women's health magazine has some great workouts and has some how-to videos online that you can follow along. Maybe take a look at some of the days that you were succesful and see what you ate then for inspiration.

Don't lose hope, just remember every day is a new day! :flowerforyou:
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    The good thing is that you have acknowledged why you feel the need to eat more than you should. What you need to do next is really try to stop yourself before you dive into any more brie and crackers (I do love Brie). I am an emotional eater as well. There have been many days where I just want to eat anything and everything. I have learned to stop myself and question, "Is this really going to make me feel better?" The answer is no. It will only make me feel worse in the end because I will gain the weight back. Eating is too easy of a thing to do when upset. Try to find something else to take your mind off of food. Read a book, go for a walk, talk to friends... Just stay away from the kitchen. I find that once you acknowledge that you are only eating to comfort yourself, that habit grows less and less persistent.

Breaking a habit is very hard. The probably with emotional eating is that you can't just give up food, the same way people give up alcohol, drugs or smoking. It is figuring out that food won't cure what is wrong with you because you end up feeling worse after eating a ton of food.

I have found that there are certain foods I just can't keep in the house. They are too much of a temptation for me. I learn to live without those foods. However, other things that I can control, I have in moderation. Like chocolate. I am able to just break the bar up and eat only a small portion and it fits in my day.

Good luck. It isn't easy to give up emotional eating, you just need to continue to recognize it and ward it off.
  • lawkat
    lawkat Posts: 538 Member
    One other thing, which someone else had mentioned. You need to not wait until tomorrow to get back on track. Do it now. Write it all down, because if you live in denial of what you have eaten, it can lead to another day and another day. If you see it on paper, it will become more real to you and hopefully stop you from eating more. Just keep writing everything down as you go and if you start to see that number go over 1200, then it may help you to stop eating knowing that you can gain weight if you continue on.

Good luck.
  • vickyclare96
    Thanks x
    I managed to get my self back into positive numbers by doing 2 hours of exercise dvd's :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: :frown: oh well :tongue: :tongue:
    It was hard work my also earned my dinner :laugh: :laugh: got 9 cals left :laugh: :laugh: i can eat some celery :drinker: :drinker: lol xx
    Thanks x
    Vicky xx
This discussion has been closed.