Pro-form HRM help

Kidvicious28
Kidvicious28 Posts: 1,613 Member
edited September 19 in Fitness and Exercise
I just bought a pro-form HRM. When exercising do you use the timer or the stop watch? It's a little confusing. I bought the HRM so I can figure out how many cals I'm actually burning. Once I've finish an exercise the HRM will automatically show how many cals I've burned right? And I can some how get look it up by giong to memory? I've read through the directions and set everything up...but it doesn't really explain things.

Replies

• 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    I use Chrono setting when I work out.
    You press and hold "Set" to clear this our to begin each workout new.

When I want to check my calories burned, I just check over on "Memory".

After I am finished with the workout, I clear out both the Chrono and Memory sections.
  • Kidvicious28
    and do you use both the belt and the watch when you're exercising?
  • dimplzz
    dimplzz Posts: 456 Member
    Yes, I use both. Sometimes I hang the watch on my treadmill but if I am doing videos or something then I wear it.

I have been using the timer part when I work out. I guess I will have to try the chrono part tonight. :-D I make sure to reset the timer and the memory after each workout also.
  • Tayla08
    Tayla08 Posts: 94
    I use the timer part....not sure if that's the right way, but it works for me.
  • Kidvicious28
    i randomly did some exercises around the house just to see what it would do. I have it on chrono mode with that timer. If I push ST./SP./+ it'll stop it and save it? Then I go to memory and look up how many cals I burnt?
  • Kidvicious28
    I went for a run and it didn't show me how many cals I burnt. I don't understand how to make it show the cals.
    I'm getting frustrated with this HRM :explode:
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Yes, you need to wear your chest strap obviously. Like someone else said, if you are biking or something like that you can put the watch on the handlebar.
    Yes, pressing ST./SP./+ will begin your Chrono workout. You do not have to press it again to stop it and save your calories burned. You can let it keep going and check the memory. For example, when I run I keep it on Chrono mode because I can see my time and also my Heart Rate. While running, occasionally I want to check my cals burned, so I just switch it over to Memory to take a quick check then I put it back on Chrono to see my time and HR again.

I was probably doing something wrong, but in Timer mode I had to set a cal and time goal. The first time I used it I set my cals at 500 (not really knowing what I was doing) then went on a 7 mile run. The monitor had stopped recording when it got to 500 calories or whatever goal time I had it set on. In chrono, I can keep going without having to reset my “goals” for it to record.
  • Tayla08
    Tayla08 Posts: 94
    I use the timer mode. Set it to the timer and start it. Then the top left hand button click that until it moves you through the screens to show you Calories burned. Hope that helps. Hope that helps.
  • Kidvicious28
    thanks guys! I really appreciate the help
  • AngelsKisses75
    AngelsKisses75 Posts: 595 Member
    This manual is so much nicer than the others I have seen. The directions match my HRM almost to a T! I wanted to share it with you just in case it could help you as well!

http://assets.academy.com/mgen/29/10089629.pdf
This discussion has been closed.