From Wheels of Steel- To Buns Of Steel

Options
gemiwing
gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
Hello All,

I joned this site to help me get a handle on my caloric/exercise ratio and so far it is the best one I have found. I'm hoping to lose 75+llbs and I know it's going to be a long road.

I have lost weight in the past (100llbs) then became ill and was confined to a wheelchair for a while, then progressed to crutches (I still use these rarely) and now I'm walking longer distances and starting to undo the damage I have done to myself.

I biked twenty blocks and it was great! Of course, I was housebound for a few days after that because I pushed too hard too soon. *grin* Slow and steady is the pace now.

I'm really looking forward to joining in the community and getting healthy again.
-Gemi

Replies

• MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I think you will love this site. I do. This site is so supportive, helpful, motivational, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Livi_Loves_Pink
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site. The thing I've got to tell myself is that weight loss is not a race. I'd love to wake up one day and just be able to zip the fatter self off to reveal the skinny me inside but that's not how I got to this point and it's not going to solve anything to think that way. Counting the calories works and try not to push yourself to injury since you certainly won't get there any faster that way. Good luck to you.
  • AllenMom4
    AllenMom4 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Welcome and Good luck to you! WElcome to the MFP Family :flowerforyou: