Toxins?

Options
Does anyone know of any effective methods of flushing toxins from the body (besides drinking tons of water)? Thanks!

Replies

• sabes2631
    sabes2631 Posts: 403
    Options
    i would like to know too.
    I am trying to go more organic for the next few months before we get pregnant. And simply because it is healthier.

I heard apple cider vinegar...
    I want to flush out pesticides and preservatives and other food additives.
  • havingitall
    havingitall Posts: 3,728 Member
    Options
    Certain foods help get rid of toxins. For example, raw beets are very good for your kidneys. A clean diet will definately help.

There are cleanses that you can get through health food stores ( although many people here disapprove of them. As well, there are Ionspa cleanses, Some Alternative healing places have these where you sit soaking your feet in an ion spa for 30 minutes. I find a difference with these.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    drink water, exercise often, eat well. :flowerforyou:

no need to pay for any extra new-age hoopla. :noway:

your kidneys and liver already do a fabulous job of removing toxins, all you have to do is make their job easier by adding fewer unhealthy things into your body.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Since your body will naturally rid itself of toxins the best thing you can do to help it is to eat the most natural choices out there. In other words, the closer the food is from being just like it was when it was picked the better it is for you.

Organic is an easy way to start, it will eliminate pesticides.
    buy foods that are "hormone free" and antibiotic free.
    stay to the outer edges of your grocery store, fruits, meats, dairy and whole grain breads are most likely to be found there. The deeper into the aisles you get the more processed your food is likely to be.

:drinker:
  • mxhelili
    mxhelili Posts: 33
    Options
    dandelion tea is supposed to be a really good liver cleanser (i drink it when i have hangovers).
    also, i've heard milk thistle is a good detoxifier, but haven't tested it myself.
  • HipsLipsMama
    Options
    yes dandelion root tea is a great cleanser. Just eat whole foods, (brown rice, beans, lots of fruits and veggies, fish) drink water, get enough sleep...your body will detox itself quickly as long as you stop putting toxins into it. no processed food. no extra sugar. no salt. it will work!