Vitamin Question

Options
kistinbee
kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
So, I'm just getting myself used to taking a multi-vitamin every day. And then I got to thinking...does it matter what time of the day I take my multi-vitamin? I've never been able to take pills in the morning and never remember at lunch, so I've been taking it with dinner? Is that okay? Does it make a difference? Anyone know?

Thanks!

*Kistinbee*

Replies

• kistinbee
    Options
    So, I'm just getting myself used to taking a multi-vitamin every day. And then I got to thinking...does it matter what time of the day I take my multi-vitamin? I've never been able to take pills in the morning and never remember at lunch, so I've been taking it with dinner? Is that okay? Does it make a difference? Anyone know?

Thanks!

*Kistinbee*
  • rhondababy
    Options
    It's fine!
  • Eliyan
    Eliyan Posts: 115
    Options
    Taking it with breakfast is the best time for absorbancy, but if you can't take until dinner, that's okay. The food will still help your body absorb the vitamins.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I take mine at night, two reasons, it helps with any upset stomach that may occur and it gives your body some nutrients while you are asleep and your body is going through it's longest period of the day with no food.

I read that this is the best way to take your vitamins, I eat a small apple or take it with milk at about 8 or so at night.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    If you are not feeling puny :sick: taking it that late then you are a night type person with a body that can handle it. :happy:
    I am a night person as well, but there are SOME vits that I can not take at night without feeling like I am going to toss my cookies.
    It sounds like you are just fine taking yours at night, so if that works for you Keep going it is JUST fine!
    --Diann...
  • kistinbee
    Options
    Thanks guys! This makes me feel better!:bigsmile: