Tattoo regrets?

Options
Does anyone have any tattoos they regret getting? Why?

Replies

• HJCsDaddy
    HJCsDaddy Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Not really a regret, more of a reminder of my past, an anarchy tattoo on the back of my calf. I swore I would never get one covered, but there's a good chance this one will get covered.
  • DarkNebula84
    DarkNebula84 Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I love mine and I can't wait for my next one. I kinda wish I would have picked different spots for them, but it isn't really a regret.
  • spynoodle
    spynoodle Posts: 404
    Options
    I have a cover up. Well, not really a cover up ~ more like a revision. I had a sun tattoo with a face on it. Got tired of that face, turned it into a spiral within the sun.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    2 weeks and 1 day away from my cover-up. SO excited!

I was 18 years and one week old, and nobody was going to tell me any different. So I got my initial tattooed onto my lower abdomen. It looks just as bad as you may imagine. I paid $35 for it.

All these years and weight gain/loss later, it has a big stretch mark running through it, so I am going to turn it into a piece I love, to remind me not to let myself get unhealthy again, and to reward me for accomplishing my goals.

It will be an Irish-themed piece, with clovers and shamrocks and vines.

Pics WILL be forthcoming :bigsmile:
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    No regrets, I love mine but my friend just got his first. He made a huge mistake and is very unhappy with the end result. Part of his mistake might have been going to a friend to get the work done. Personal opinion but it's a bad idea to have a friend do your tattoo, know your artist and their reputation yes but a friend you hangout with on a regular basis not so much, and my buddies results re-enforced this belief. The guy put the stencil on his back and my friend didn't check it, not the position or the spelling. So when the guy finished, took a picture and showed it to my buddy...yup, it was spelled wrong. It was his last name Williams, well it was supposed to be instead it was Willams. The guy tried to fix it by inserting the missing i but it looks terrible. I told him once it's healed I will take him to my artist and we'll see what can be done.
  • spynoodle
    Options
    I have a tattoo of a skull with a band of flowers around his head on my stomach!!! No regrets, but I will make sure to never get fat or pregnant!
  • spynoodle
    Options
    No regrets, I love mine but my friend just got his first. He made a huge mistake and is very unhappy with the end result. Part of his mistake might have been going to a friend to get the work done. Personal opinion but it's a bad idea to have a friend do your tattoo, know your artist and their reputation yes but a friend you hangout with on a regular basis not so much, and my buddies results re-enforced this belief. The guy put the stencil on his back and my friend didn't check it, not the position or the spelling. So when the guy finished, took a picture and showed it to my buddy...yup, it was spelled wrong. It was his last name Williams, well it was supposed to be instead it was Willams. The guy tried to fix it by inserting the missing i but it looks terrible. I told him once it's healed I will take him to my artist and we'll see what can be done.

How awful!! Words can be tricky ~ you have to make sure your tattoo artist isn't dumb...or at the very least, not a bad speller!!!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    not yet ;)
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    yep. the one on my breast. Going to eventually get that bad boy removed.
  • DietingMommy08
    DietingMommy08 Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    I have a tattoo on my side.
    I can admit I let somebody "practice" on me and it turned out obviously horrible. lol.
    After I reach my goal weight I will definetly getting a big piece on my side to cover it.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    I love mine, but I would tweak the placement just a little on two of them if I could. No regrets, though.
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    No way. Love my tat and can't wait to get more.
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    No regrets on the tattoos, though I might have done different placement. Maybe.. I'm not sure, haha. There are some days where I love where I put 'em, and others where I rethink it. But most days, I'm pretty happy with them, because they're both reminders of important times in my life.

Now to graduate school so I can get the other two started.. Heh heh.
  • jessicae1aine
    Options
    I just regret having the guy who did mine do it, because even as a professional he just did a terrible job. I'm going to have it retouched/fixed in the near future.
  • Lize11e
    Lize11e Posts: 419
    Options
    I have five. I love two of them. One I am indifferent on, another is ok but the one on my ankle I HATE. I cover it with makeup every time I wear a dress. And sometimes when I wear capri's. Some day I want to have it removed. If I had the money, I'd do it now.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i was an idiot in my early twenties and i got two tattoos i want removed so bad.

on a trip to LA i got a tattoo of the comedy/tragedy faces. it looks like something from motley crue theater of pain. its so stupid looking, its right on my ankle, just in so many ways a bad idea. my friends tried to talk me out of it.. should have listened.

the other one is a golden dollar sign, i was really into ayn rand.. its on the inside of my other ankle.. again, really stupid, friends tried to talk me out of it..

i'm can be really stubborn in a really bad way :)
  • neverstray
    neverstray Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    I have one, but I literally crossed it out, like had a tattoo of an big "X" over it. So, I figure that is as covered as I will allow. I don't allow cover ups, because that's a part of your life, and I want it there. But, the cross out is funny. LOL. At least to me. To someone else, it's not so funny. ;)
  • spynoodle
    Options
    i was an idiot in my early twenties and i got two tattoos i want removed so bad.

on a trip to LA i got a tattoo of the comedy/tragedy faces. it looks like something from motley crue theater of pain. its so stupid looking, its right on my ankle, just in so many ways a bad idea. my friends tried to talk me out of it.. should have listened.

the other one is a golden dollar sign, i was really into ayn rand.. its on the inside of my other ankle.. again, really stupid, friends tried to talk me out of it..

i'm can be really stubborn in a really bad way :)

Live and learn!!! This is cracking me up though!!! You're close to my age ~ I sooooo would have gotten the Theater of Pain tattoo back in the day!!!

And you're in Fremont? I live in SF!
  • whencynstops
    whencynstops Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I regret the spot. I got a pink ribbon on my right shoulder blade. I love the tattoo. But on my left shoulder blade is preemie sized baby hand print. Both have special meaning. But it wasn't until I got home and looked in the mirror that I realized I look like a walking charity billboard.
    So, I am going to get the ribbon covered up and have another pink ribbon added in a different location.
  • avalonms
    avalonms Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I have one tattoo -- it's a tattoo of a mirror. When you look at it, you can see yourself in it. It's a great conversation piece; I have no regrets whatsoever.