I'm ashamed to admit it but....

Options
On Monday, as an early birthday party, my friends and I are planning on baking SO many cakes (Pretzels, brownies, cookies, etc). I know this sounds like a bad idea, but shouldn't I be allowed to completely let go for just one day??

Also, we're ordering in domino's, so I was wondering... How much do you guys reckon I could go over in caloreis, etc without gaining?? I know that 3500 calories = 1lb, but people seem to gain at different intakes.

I'm 4'11, weigh 113lbs, and my BMR is about 1200 (: (:

Replies

• Tanishhaaaaaa
    Tanishhaaaaaa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    BUMP.
  • shiseido_faerie
    shiseido_faerie Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    I totally did this for my birthday, just enjoy, don't stress, and get back to being your healthy self that next day!
  • mfpcopine
    mfpcopine Posts: 3,093 Member
    Options
    On Monday, as an early birthday party, my friends and I are planning on baking SO many cakes (Pretzels, brownies, cookies, etc). I know this sounds like a bad idea, but shouldn't I be allowed to completely let go for just one day??

Also, we're ordering in domino's, so I was wondering... How much do you guys reckon I could go over in caloreis, etc without gaining?? I know that 3500 calories = 1lb, but people seem to gain at different intakes.

I'm 4'11, weigh 113lbs, and my BMR is about 1200 (: (:

When you say "early birthday party," you imply that there will be a later one as well. I think it's fine to eat whatever you want on your birthday, but I would keep the celebration to one day.
  • kalynn06
    kalynn06 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    An occasional day of indulgence can be a good thing. It keeps your body guessing. Habits are the problem. Have a fun birthday :).
  • Ephena
    Ephena Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I did it for my birthday last year. Chances are good if you stepped on the scale the next day you'll show several pounds heavier but most of it will be water weight. Sweets add so fast that you may actually gain a little but don't sweat it. Enjoy your day, you have to live your life and that means indulging from time to time. So long as it's not a habit you'll be fine and probably better than fine you'll be happy.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    As long as you stay around your maintenance calories (because even if you go over on party-day, you're probably under enough normally it to wash out), you won't have any actual weight gain.

You will probably see a temporary increase on the scale just from the shock to your body of eating more and the increased sodium in the pizza, pretzels, etc.

In short.. ENJOY YOUR BIRTHDAY!!! :drinker:
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    It is one day a year. Life is short. Too short to not allow yourself to enjoy some 'naughty' foods occasionally.
    You would have to eat 3500 calories over your tdee, I am guessing, to gain a pound and even if you do gain a pound, so what? You will soon get rid of it again once you get back to your regular, more healthy eating habits. Just enjoy your day.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    1 day isn't going to result in more than a pound gained so who cares? just eat what you want!
  • SavCal71
    SavCal71 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    If I weighed 113 I wouldn't be in the least bit concerned ... lol
  • prism6
    prism6 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Have some for me! Enjoy
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Hey its your birthday! Enjoy it!
  • Stinkeymonkey
    Stinkeymonkey Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Life is too short. Eat what you want and have a great birthday!!!!