So here it goes...with pics

Options
kashmyre
kashmyre Posts: 105 Member
Today I read a really well written blog on this site on the power to inspire people around you. The people on MFP do this for me on a daily basis. I have met some really wonderful people on this site and have turned some really wonderful people in my life onto this site.

Now, I know (at least the logical thinking part of my brain knows) the amount I have lost is a large number. I still struggle with the emotional side of actually being a smaller person. I have thought all my life that I was just “big boned” or “athletically built” or any other fallacy that I told myself to accept or justify being fat.

Now the reason I am posting this. Today in our weekly sales call, my boss very publicly (there were about 30 people on the phone and in our conference room) asked me what my “number” was today. He knows that Friday is my weigh in day. I told him and all who were listening that I had lost 56lbs as of today. Now most of the people in the room and on the phone knew I was on a “journey”. They have seen me go from 230lbs to 174lbs. This was not a surprise to them. It was however a surprise to a couple of people who were just hired in the past month or so. Their jaw dropped and one stammered out “how did you do it?”. I gave the standard “diet and exercise” speech that I have given a hundred times to others.

What I didn’t realize was that these new people to our company would never know “Fat Jen”. The people I meet from this point forward will never know “Fat Jen”. It was a realization that kinda hit me like a ton of bricks today.

So, full circle, I hope that I can provide even one person the inspiration they need to keep going. I still have about 25lbs to go (I think). For those who want numbers, I am 5’8” and 36 years old. Here is my progress (hope it works):

Progress.jpg

Replies

• cdmeyer
    cdmeyer Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    How wonderful. You look great!
  • llahairdna
    llahairdna Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Fantastic! Good for you!! :)
  • KLavallee322
    KLavallee322 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! keep up the good work!
  • chicabean420
    chicabean420 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    You looks so happy! Congrats! And I think it's awesome your boss/co-workers are there to keep you on track too with their support!
  • skinnyjeansdiva
    Options
    I am lost for words. you look stunning! i know you feel as good as you look I am so happy for you!
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Wow! Just wow!
    Fantastic 'skinny Jen'
    All the best
    Nicola x
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    You look absolutely wonderful! Congratulations!
  • scicco
    scicco Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Great job. Remember everyone we meet today never knows the person we were yesterday. If we are constantly changing and growing (as people not physically lol) this this will happen with every new person we meet. You look fantastic, keep it up :)
  • mscoco10
    mscoco10 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    you rock, so proud. keep going and never give up
  • bettie23
    bettie23 Posts: 5
    Options
    You look sooo good! Great job!!
  • Behl9
    Behl9 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    you look fantastic! very inspiring!
  • MermaidFaith
    MermaidFaith Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    great job!!!!
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Most would be intimidated with the WHOLE office helping them to keep track of their success, so you must be such a strong woman and so confident with what you are doing. Good for you..
    It sounds like you are doing wonderful and what a great epiphany to have.. Maybe it’s time you said goodbye to your old fat self... And just concentrate on the new person you are.. No sense living in the past when you have worked so hard to create a new life..
    WTG you have done awesome!!
  • TealStar13
    TealStar13 Posts: 165
    Options
    You look awesome! Thank you for posting these. :)
  • hafran
    hafran Posts: 1
    Options
    :flowerforyou: It's good to know I'm not the only one on this journey. I've recently have come to the realization that if I don't take control of my weight...it will control my health!! I have 2 beautiful grandchildren that I want to see grow up, graduate, and start their own lives. So, I guess I'd better get busy!
  • prettygirlhoward
    prettygirlhoward Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • alix1105
    alix1105 Posts: 80
    Options
    you look amazing! keep up the hard work :)
  • SavageRabidBeast
    SavageRabidBeast Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    awesome job, looking great! Keep up the awesome work :)
  • Jewel1201
    Jewel1201 Posts: 68
    Options
    Amazing!!!! You look great!
  • charlieduc
    charlieduc Posts: 108
    Options
    You look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!