What word did you make up?

Options
McKayMachina
McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
My mom always used to say she was going to put her "foo-foo" stuff in her coffee, meaning flavored creamer. Then we started seeing billboards with "foo-foo" for coffee.

Recently, my boyfriend and I coined the term "Wyoming". It's not only a state but also a verb. It means sitting in the middle of nowhere doing nothing. Imagine what it would feel like to go Wyoming in Wyoming. Okay. That's probably all there is to do there anyway. :laugh: Hoping to see that one used somewhere at some point. ;)

What word or phrase did you make up that coincidentally showed up in common usage?

Replies

• Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options
    I use the word "turdmonkey" to describe persons of dubious character and those that cause general annoyance.
  • McKayMachina
    Options
    I use the word "turdmonkey" to describe persons of dubious character and those that cause general annoyance.

hahhaha

That's a good one!

BF recently called two women I know "a pair of dirtb!tches". Thought that was grand. XD
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    twatwaffle
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    douchecanoe
  • MiniMichelle
    MiniMichelle Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    "Sorry about your shoes" Made it up with a girlfriend... It was her "marking" her territory on FB because a girl was talking to her boy-toy... she has to make her presence known- LOL
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Titbag. I call people that when they do stupid things. Also have d*ckweed, vageener, and nutbunnies.

I have an extensive vocabulary, I swear.
  • gmann1973
    gmann1973 Posts: 247
    Options
    Lovb...when my son was learning to talk he couldnt say love he would say lovb and it stuck
  • McKayMachina
    Options
    Sooooo...I've seen a few threads about the namecalling stuff. But what about regular words?

Like...a buddy of mine once said he didn't want to half-@$$ something. He was going to full-@$$ it. Like a year later we started seeing that EVERYWHERE. :laugh:
  • McKayMachina
    Options
    Lovb...when my son was learning to talk he couldnt say love he would say lovb and it stuck

:laugh:

Like, "love-bee"? Or LOVB all in one syllable?
  • birdieintx
    birdieintx Posts: 298
    Options
    I insist I made up the word ginormous. I have a bad habit of combining words because they're coming out of my mouth too fast. I once spat out ginormous a long long long time ago and everyone I knew started saying it because they thought it was funny. Now I hear it all the time.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Friggafrattamuffin!!!!!

My own special curse word :mad:
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Twot. Pet name for my brother - a mix of *kitten* and clot.
  • imnotyourpal
    imnotyourpal Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    FLOVE! It's a hybrid word. It means ****ing love. As in, "I ****ing LOVE that!"

I put it in front of any word, really. I just put and F at the beginning, so I don't actually swear (though, I swear like a sailor IRL)

I now see people all over FB that I don't even know using it. I get all proud inside. ;)

Oh, wow, look at that....it edited it for me. =\ Lame.
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." (also used for Mexico). Nobody was saying when I started. Additionally - "Hows that working out for ya?" , and "Good luck with that!".

Next up is 'bro-caine'. Bro + cocoaine - meaning testosterone. Example: when you see a bunch of guys acting like *kitten* in the way that only men can, they are all high on bro-caine. Just watch...its gonna be a thing. lol
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I feel like not one person read past the title of the thread.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Fackentaft! that is what i say when things dont go my way and its kinda like a replacement for a curse word ahahah i have soooo many things i say
  • klbaierwalter
    klbaierwalter Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Wub! My fiance and I use it for love sometimes.

I also tend to call people dinglefritzes when they do something silly or stupid.

My little brother and I use the term "tone-deaf half of a butt cheek" when we're referring to people who act stupid or annoy us.

Idk, I'm just a strange girl overall :-P
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    I insist I made up the word ginormous. I have a bad habit of combining words because they're coming out of my mouth too fast. I once spat out ginormous a long long long time ago and everyone I knew started saying it because they thought it was funny. Now I hear it all the time.
    I have an ex boyfriend that swears he made it up too. Maybe you guys should get together and plagerdate. <---did you see what i did there?
  • IamRoJ
    IamRoJ Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    My dad used to refer to falling on ones caffradis (as in tush). Never did confirm if that was made up or a real term.
  • McKayMachina
    Options
    "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." (also used for Mexico). Nobody was saying when I started. Additionally - "Hows that working out for ya?" , and "Good luck with that!".

Next up is 'bro-caine'. Bro + cocoaine - meaning testosterone. Example: when you see a bunch of guys acting like *kitten* in the way that only men can, they are all high on bro-caine. Just watch...its gonna be a thing. lol

TOTALLY using "high on bro-caine" from now on!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: