new and need some support

Options
Hey peeps :). I'm really new to this and really need a bit of a support system folks

Replies

• KimInsanityP
    Options
    I'm all about support! What are you doing to get in shape? What are your goals? How can we help?
  • Xabsentimentalx
    Xabsentimentalx Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    hey there!!! me too!!! friend me!!! if you like! what are your goals?
  • crazydv
    crazydv Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You can friend me! We all do better with others to support us !
  • sunshine638
    sunshine638 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Support makes this journey SO much easier!
  • 2gabbee
    2gabbee Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Check out the groups. Find one that interests you. Great way to meet members, to share and get support. Several challenges for April to choice from to make you accountable. Welcome to MFP. Although not new I'm starting over for April for I have been stuck on the same unlucky # for a while, time to move forward.
  • June2353
    June2353 Posts: 2
    Options
    I need help to. Especially with converting ml, grams into ounces, tablespoons, etc.
  • rachlou87
    Options
    Thanks everyone, well i kinda woke up about 3 weeks ago about 4 days before my 25th birthday and was not happy about myself. So I figured it was time for a change. I wouldn't say I am dieting just changing my eating habits and lifestyle in general. My goal is 75 lbs to 80 lbs. Mind you that would be smaller than I was in highschool. I guess I'm having a hard time every once and a while bc I've been going to the gym 6 days a week and working HARD and I just get angry with myself for letting my weight get soo out of control and to realize how much farther I have to go. So far I can reason with myself and keep myself on the right path but it would be nice to have extra support :)
  • austepants
    austepants Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I love supporting people and could always use more support for myself as well. Anyone feel free to add me please!! Im 26, 5'2 and have 41 pounds to lose. :)
  • acp1233
    acp1233 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am also very new to this and looking for some support myself.Looking to lose 15-20 pounds if you would like to add me. Just started INSANITY!
  • mickeygirliegirl
    mickeygirliegirl Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I am new this week, so anyone can feel free to add me too!
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    June2353 wrote:
    I need help to. Especially with converting ml, grams into ounces, tablespoons, etc.

Almost all digital scales will show you both units. It does the conversion for you. Just press the button.

Do you have digital scales?
  • AnotherJenn
    AnotherJenn Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'm not new but haven't gotten very far, add me if you want. I can use all the support I can get!
  • Weaz66
    Weaz66 Posts: 1,846 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, I'll help support ya. I'm 46, 5'6" and weigh 251. Goal is 150. I know how you feel but here's a lil tip: instead of looking at how far you have to go....look at what you've accomplished and set small goals. Like set a goal for 2 lbs a week, it feels so good at the end of the week to see you reached it. Don't look past a week or it will seem overwhelming. A few years ago I lost 74 lbs. Which put me less then when I was in High School. I looked at it weekly (sure in the back of my mind I knew what my ultimate goal was, but I tried not thinking about it). As each 2 lbs comes off it gets easier and more fun...it truly motivates you for the next week. Unfortunately I am back in the saddle. I left myself go...Pepsi is my downfall. Then fast food, greasy deep fried food. I gained it all back. I could cry, but its my own fault. When I lost the weight I didn't do any fad diets, I strictly followed the food pyramid like we were all taught in elementary school and I began walking everyday. I didn't go to a gym and at that time I had no workout videos. This site will also help you stay motivated. I just started a few days ago myself.
  • Reddak98
    Reddak98 Posts: 58 Member
    Options

Maybe this tool will help you.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/weight_volume_cooking.htm