Nutella

Options

Replies

• VeganInTraining
    VeganInTraining Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    maybe someone already said this but it's DELICIOUS In crepes with strawberries and/or bananas
  • DivaMaria225
    DivaMaria225 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Take a good look at the jar, find a dumpster and toss it in!
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    I must officially be the ONLY person in the world that can not stand Nutella.

my husband doesn't like it either....but that keeps it out of the house so that's good for me!
  • adidrea
    adidrea Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I made cupcakes and used Nutella instead of frosting. Worked like a charm and if the cupcakes are still warm it melts it just a bit. YUM!
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I looove nutella

I know it sounds weird but I love nutella dogs. It tastes like a pastry. soooo good.
    1 hot dog roll
    1-2 tbsp nutella
    toasted coconut
    banana
    Dress it like a hot dog, enjoy.

The second thing I make is nuttella banana crepes
    1 crepe
    1/3 banana (sliced)
    1-2 tbsp nutella
    heat the crepe in a medium heat pan
    quickly remove it, spread the nutella
    add the banana
    fold quickly or it will get too hard.
    enjoy!
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I must officially be the ONLY person in the world that can not stand Nutella.

Everyone else buys peanut butter.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    Nutella = 200 calories in 2 Tbsp (99 from fat) and 21g of sugar. Not in my shopping cart! I'll stick with my plain oatmeal.

We all know how terrible it is for you & yes they produced such misleading adverts pretty much claiming "it is good for you"

www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpNLUFA34iw

and consequently:

http://www.which.co.uk/news/2008/02/asa-backs-which-over-nutella-advert-133139/

But OH THE TASTE!

Personally for me, sometimes it is worth saving 200cals for it on a spike day or a day where you want to give your tastebuds a well deserved climax after eating pretty healthily & exercising all week long

:blushing:

Yeah, but I prefer Snickers bars, and Snickers bars have the advantage of being very slightly healthier for me than Nutella. I think that puts in perspective--per gram, Snickers is exactly equal to Nutella in everything but sugar and calories. Snickers has 11% less sugar per gram, and 12% fewer calories, than Nutella. As good as it is, do you really like it better than Snickers bars?

It can be hard to compare by just looking and not calculating nutrition by weight. I mean, LOOK at them if you use equal weights!

For 100 grams (chosen because the calculations are easy to do--Nutella claims a serving is 2 tbs, which weighs in a 37 grams, and M&M/Mars gives nutrition info for Snickers for 58.7 gram servings):

Calories: Nutella = 541, from fat = 270 (50%) Snickers = 477, from fat = 221 (46%)
    Total Fat: Nutella = 30 grams; Snickers = 24 grams.
    Saturated Fat: Nutella = 9 grams; Snickers = 9 grams.
    Carbohydrates: Nutella = 59 grams; Snickers = 60 grams.
    Sugar: Nutella = 57 grams; Snickers = 51 grams.
    Protein: Nutella = 8 grams, Snickers = 7 grams.

I occasionally eat candy bars, and once in a while even Nutella, but if I posted a thread to collect "good ways to eat Snickers bars" on MFP people would be lecturing me about how horrible candy bars are for you. Nutella is as bad. Worse if you consider the number of people who think they've made a healthy choice by choosing it over a candy bar. Unless you actually like it BETTER than candy bars, eat the candy bar.
  • jordanlell
    jordanlell Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Nutella = 200 calories in 2 Tbsp (99 from fat) and 21g of sugar. Not in my shopping cart! I'll stick with my plain oatmeal.

We all know how terrible it is for you & yes they produced such misleading adverts pretty much claiming "it is good for you"

and consequently:

But OH THE TASTE!

Personally for me, sometimes it is worth saving 200cals for it on a spike day or a day where you want to give your tastebuds a well deserved climax after eating pretty healthily & exercising all week long

Yeah, but I prefer Snickers bars, and Snickers bars have the advantage of being very slightly healthier for me than Nutella. I think that puts in perspective--per gram, Snickers is exactly equal to Nutella in everything but sugar and calories. Snickers has 11% less sugar per gram, and 12% fewer calories, than Nutella. As good as it is, do you really like it better than Snickers bars?

It can be hard to compare by just looking and not calculating nutrition by weight. I mean, LOOK at them if you use equal weights!

For 100 grams (chosen because the calculations are easy to do--Nutella claims a serving is 2 tbs, which weighs in a 37 grams, and M&M/Mars gives nutrition info for Snickers for 58.7 gram servings):

Calories: Nutella = 541, from fat = 270 (50%) Snickers = 477, from fat = 221 (46%)

I occasionally eat candy bars, and once in a while even Nutella, but if I posted a thread to collect "good ways to eat Snickers bars" on MFP people would be lecturing me about how horrible candy bars are for you. Nutella is as bad. Worse if you consider the number of people who think they've made a healthy choice by choosing it over a candy bar. Unless you actually like it BETTER than candy bars, eat the candy bar.

Personally, I do like it better than a candy bar. And if you're reasonable about it, like putting a single tablespoon on a piece of whole wheat toast you can get the same satisfaction of having your sweets cravings fulfilled, but it actually will often come in at less than 200 cals(depending on the bread). Not that it's a big deal if you want to stay away from it, that's fine. Just let us have our fun :tongue:
  • VeganInTraining
    Options
    I looove nutella

I know it sounds weird but I love nutella dogs. It tastes like a pastry. soooo good.
    1 hot dog roll
    1-2 tbsp nutella
    toasted coconut
    banana
    Dress it like a hot dog, enjoy.
    I gotta try this!
  • suemar74
    suemar74 Posts: 447 Member
    Options
    You all are making me glad that I've never tried Nutella. I have enough food-crack in my life...I don't need to add to the list. :wink:
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    Add a spoonful to vanilla ice cream and mix, it will freeze a little and has a fun texture.
  • tawojcik
    tawojcik Posts: 67
    Options
    I also put it in my shake.....very yum.
  • new2locs
    new2locs Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I love dipping my strawberries in it! Yep & I still eat it on occasion. Only one tablespoon though, but now that I've seen some of these recipes that may become a problem!
  • laceylou0702
    laceylou0702 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    The last time I had a jar of nutella in the house, I had to go on a 3 hour hike to feel reasonably ok about the amount I consumed. Lesson: nutella promotes an active lifestyle!
    AHAHA that made me laugh, I love the positive spin!
  • laurieblair2012
    Options
    My favorite Nutella recipe used to be (before I started a healthier lifestyle) to take the frozen Sara Lee pound cake, slice 2 slices off of it, and get out your panini maker. Spread Nutella on the pieces, and add sliced strawberries. Put them together like a sandwich and let the panini maker work it's magic. When toasty and brown, serve it on a plate with Reddi-Whip and a little chocolate syrup. O. M. G.

Now I can't buy it at all. I have ZERO self control when it's in the house. I've been without it for 72 days now. The Nutella withdrawals have been fierce, but I'm hanging in there! LOL!
  • Momyontherun
    Momyontherun Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    never thought about the wontons, sounds YUMMY...do you fry them then?
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I love nutella. I love putting it on wheat toast with cut up bananas or strawberries.
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    spoon in the jar is good. It is also really good with those crunchy nature valley granola bars. I put mine on toast and smash it with peanut butter toast, also.
  • andreanicole686
    andreanicole686 Posts: 406 Member
    Options

and consequently:

But OH THE TASTE!

I think it's all about moderation. I usually don't do the full two tablespoons just one and it tastes amazing. Especially on cinnamon raisin bread. Yummm
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Nutella - satan spawn of deliciousness!