best ways to loose fat and get lean

Options
I am new here and wanted to see if someone could help get me on the right track of loosing fat and getting lean. Looseall the bally fat. Any advice at all would be helpful!

Replies

• lorraine311
    lorraine311 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes and exercise!
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    calorie deficit through diet and exercises.
  • daisyverma
    daisyverma Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue...belly fat and all my fat is there

It's hard to target a zone so I'm just doing cardio now

However I will be adding strength training soon

Also there are ab workouts as well...planks, flutters, scissors and crunches. I have yet to do these but a friend told me about it whose doing this as per her trainer

Controlling carbs and sugar is important
  • iqnas
    iqnas Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    Cardioooooo.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Liposuction and if you can't afford that, all you need is a really sharp knife and a vacuum cleaner.

Seriously though, it's mostly about the food and I don't believe in diets anymore, just what MFP recommends will eventually work.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    SergeantSunshine_reused Posts: 5,382 Member
    Options

This ^^

To get lean: Moderate calorie deficit and lift weights. Bam.
  • menamurder
    Options
    A lot of my problem is in the thighs. I'm working on them and my stomach and arms. I do lunges, crunches and triceps extensions every day, plus a lot of yoga. It's supposed to be good for your metabolism. Warrior pose is great for thighs and abs. And it's one of the easiest poses you can do.
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Intermittent Fasting.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Eat less, exercise more. Weight training and eating clean with alot of protein.
    198601 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem.... that is why I started MFP and all I can say is cardio! I hate sit ups etc... and I am amazed how much of a difference cardio has made on my mid section.
  • Cr357
    Cr357 Posts: 238
    Options

This ^^

To get lean: Moderate calorie deficit and lift weights. Bam.
    This^^^
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    You can't be lean with loose fat.
  • GabrielleMahoney
    Options
    I'd consider cardio too, it works for me i was 225lb became a vegetarian and worked out every day cardio boxing etc. i am now 152 and my stomach is finally flat and toned. i just have to work more on my legs and butt some how lol.
  • akjmart2002
    akjmart2002 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Sensible calorie deficit and vigorous daily exercise.

Stay within a deficit to lose between .5 and 1.5 lbs per week.

Track everything Buy a quality heart rate monitor. Polar makes good products.

Be honest with yourself, but recognize that quantity is more important than quality for weight loss. The occasional piece of pizza won't kill you.

Go for 3 to 5 days of cardiovascular exercise and heavy (for you) strength training. You will like the results.

Be patient.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Have I really missed something here???? I see so many people say "loose weight" etc, isn't loose still like something that isn't tight?? Is "lose" not the wood to use when we shed weight?? Did the dictionary change?? Sorry but it makes me a little crazy (and I am not even a teacher)!!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    You can't be lean with loose fat.

:laugh: :drinker:
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    Have I really missed something here???? I see so many people say "loose weight" etc, isn't loose still like something that isn't tight?? Is "lose" not the wood to use when we shed weight?? Did the dictionary change?? Sorry but it makes me a little crazy (and I am not even a teacher)!!

I am a teacher. I graded exams today. You can't imagine the level of crazy I am right now.
  • coconutbuNZ
    coconutbuNZ Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Yes I've noticed that as well, that is the word loose instead of lose. Makes me wonder why??? Do you think maybe it's because fat hangs loose and muscles are tight?

:laugh:
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Cocaine works wonders!

Hahahah!! I didn't see that on your diary, be sure to log your coke habit yo! :p

But first we need to find out how many calories is in 1 ounce of cocaine? lol

You don't eat cocaine, silly.
    Maybe YOU don't eat cocaine...hmmm?
  • Pfauxmeh
    Pfauxmeh Posts: 259
    Options
    lose*