Small NSV

Options
Monkeyrhea
Monkeyrhea Posts: 39 Member
I realized today that I haven't eaten fast food in over 2 weeks!! I know this is small, but it is huge to me. I used to eat fast food at least once a week and sometimes 2 to 3. It all just seems so gross now that I can see what I am putting in my body. I am however, dying to have a Turkey Tom from Jimmy Johns. Anyway...thought I would share my first NSV. :)

Replies

• lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Your definitely on your way!

A little forewarning. A lot of folks have reported that once they've laid off fast food for a while, if they have it again, it makes them physically ill. Yet another reason to beware the red arches!
  • LisaKunz
    LisaKunz Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    That's GREAT! It's not a small thing... I think it was HARDER at the beginning, that first month, than it is now (3 months in). A Jimmy John's Turkey Tom isn't all that bad - just hold the mayo. Or somehow bring a little of your own light mayo or Miracle Whip light and put it on there.
  • Monkeyrhea
    Monkeyrhea Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I didn't even think about that. I bet it would upset your stomach once you got used to not having all of that grease. Honestly, the thought of McD's makes me a little nauseous:sick: [

quote]

A little forewarning. A lot of folks have reported that once they've laid off fast food for a while, if they have it again, it makes them physically ill. Yet another reason to beware the red arches!
    [/quote]
  • Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    That is great! It's amazing how our bodies respond when we start taking proper care of them.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options

My boss wanted me to get a shamrock shake with her this month... I hadn't had any fast food in months... yeah I felt like I was going to die for the rest of the day. So delicious, but NOT worth the stomach ache!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!