annoyed with calorie count

Options
molsongirl
molsongirl Posts: 1,373 Member
I'm trying to enter my hubby's dinner for tonight, and for the life of me, I can't find any two entries that are even remotely close....ie: skinless boneless chicken breast..6 oz, one find says 312 calories, one says 458, one says 288, another yet says 199...how the heck do I pick?? It's a 6 oz chicken breast, no skin, no bone, I grilled it in the oven...plain, no seasonings, nothing, he's adding it to a salad..help anyone? I'm about to pitch my laptop accross the room! :laugh:

Replies

• lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not, you're not alone.

I was having the same chicken count overload issue earlier today.

According to some google research, an ounce of boneless skinless chicken breast is 30 calories, so that would make the 6 oz breast 180.

:flowerforyou:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options
    I think the variation is due to the fact that so much of the "chicken breast" we buy in the grocery is not just chicken, but has water and flavor enhancers injected into the meat, so some of the weight is water.
  • molsongirl
    Options
    Believe it or not, you're not alone.

I was having the same chicken count overload issue earlier today.

According to some google research, an ounce of boneless skinless chicken breast is 30 calories, so that would make the 6 oz breast 180.

:flowerforyou:

I love you! :flowerforyou: :smooched:, I thought 300-400 range was wayyy over, he could have steak for that!! and be a much happier man as well...hee hee.
  • Cindysunshine
    Cindysunshine Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    www.nutritiondata.com I love this site. Cindy :heart:
  • molsongirl
    Options
    I think the variation is due to the fact that so much of the "chicken breast" we buy in the grocery is not just chicken, but has water and flavor enhancers injected into the meat, so some of the weight is water.

Makes sense, this is supposed to be farm raised organic chicken breast (farmer said something abot the feed), we buy it freshly slaughtered from our butcher neighbour...so i'm guessing it's better for us, but not sure. :noway:
  • lotusfromthemud
    Options

Makes sense, this is supposed to be farm raised organic chicken breast (farmer said something abot the feed), we buy it freshly slaughtered from our butcher neighbour...so i'm guessing it's better for us, but not sure. :noway:

Oh, I think it's better for you. It's always good to know someone who knew the guy who knew the chicken, IMHO.:wink: