Any truck driving ladies out there?

Options
I team drive with my husband and we have very little down time. Looking for other truck drivers (not just ladies) that are winning against the bulge. Any of your tips for exercise while bouncing down the road, on the road meals you have found that work, etc. All advise is welcome.

Replies

• Heather_Jen
    Options
    I am not currently long hauling anymore, but I spent 4 1/2 years team driving and I know what your going thru!
    Best advice is to get out and get those bodies walking every chance you get!!!! And definately watch those calories.

Have you been able to find any exercises on the truck you can do in the sleeper? I would just get very creative! Squats, sittups... and walk everychance you get! I know its not easy for ya, especially since your a team, but whenever that truck stops, try to get out and get a quick walk in...anything is better than nothing!

Its definately not easy to stay fit and eat healthy out there.. but it can be done!

Friend me and keep in touch!
    Warm Smiles,
    Heather
  • Dawnnan
    Dawnnan Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Wow, that would take some creativity....I'll think of something! On the other hand.....Thanks for EVERYTHING you do. So many times we take for granted just how we get everything we have. Thanks to you, your husband and so many like yourself that spend day in and day out to keep all of us with everything that we want and need.
  • Dawnsnewbeginning
    Dawnsnewbeginning Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. I forgot I did this post til I was messing around on my profile. Whenever we stop to fuel or walk the dogs I'm trying to create things. When waiting on the pumps I do leg lifts and push ups off of the truck. I'm on the night shift so I don't get too many weird looks. :noway:
  • Dawnsnewbeginning
    Dawnsnewbeginning Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Dawnnan, Thak you! We enjoy what we do but after 20 years ready to start a new chapter. Just trying to payoff a few more things first. Thank you for all the support you have shown me.