Ladies

Options
Awkward30
Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
Where do you buy bathing suits? I can't seem to find a two piece with enough fabric for my lady bits.

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    o_O have you tried a bigger size?
  • Karrix
    Karrix Posts: 288
    Options
    I want to get one from Victoria secret, since I've hit my GW and am more fit. :happy:
  • fanofsummer
    fanofsummer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    34DD - I order suits through Spiegel Online
    10036 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Board shorts from Billabong and bikini top from Athleta. Very comfortable and I'm not worried about falling out of it, which I always was when I wore string bikinis back in the day.
  • ShalisaClam
    ShalisaClam Posts: 190
    Options
    landsend.com mix & match. They hold up well & last forever. A little expensive, but worth the $$ since I've had the same one for 7 years. No thread pulling, shrinking, or color fading.
  • lisaleone71
    Options
    Depends on which lady bits. I recently went from 227 to 215. I wear a 42DD bra and 9/10 or 11/12 panties depending on the brand/style. I was able to find 2X tankini tops (like a bikini with a skirt down to your waist) and 1X general granny-panty bottoms at Walmart. Not the *best* styles mind you (they tend to always be darker colors), but they fit and don't "let it all hang out'. I'm lucky that I live in the south and women here are generally bigger so those sizes are available -- but you have to shop early in the morning when they get the stock in or all you'll find is smalls!!! One-piece suits are not too hard for me to find but the elastic that is supposed to go under the breasts is usually not low enough for it to sit under my breasts and I look like I'm busting out the top. Tankinis are actually better for me if I can get them. Hope that helps.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    I just bought two suits from Victoria's Secret. and I pretty much needed the fabric from both suits to cover one boob. I'm generally a medium in their clothes, so I bought large tops, but still didn't work. I'll try some of these places. I think the problem is that VS is made to show skin and that's not what I'm looking for in a bathing suit top.

Thanks ladies!
  • DAM_Fine
    DAM_Fine Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Have you looked for a shop that specializes in only swimwear and beach accessories? I'm a 30DD or 30E and have had a hell of a time finding something small enough around the chest that wasn't made of two tiny crocheted triangles for cups. I found a place here in Vancouver called Just Cruising and found the suit I'm wearing in my profile pic. Covers what needs to be covered and provides some support as well. And I think it's me! There was also a one-piece in an animal print that I loved and actually fit (they're usually too long in the torso), but until I have $250 to spare for a bathing suit, it will have to stay in the store.
  • mmstgr
    mmstgr Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I literally have not bought a bathing suit in over a decade :O and I had a good body back then :/