LEFTOVER PORK ROAST>>>HELP

Options
musicmom04
musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
what do you do with your leftover pork? i made a pork loin roast last night and have about 1 lb left over. last time i made a stir fry with hoisin sauce which was high in sodium and calories. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Replies

• LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I make a sauce from 1 Tbsp of apricot jam and 1 tsp of chipotle (Lawry's Baja Chipotle marinade) per slice of meat. it is fruity and zesty and adds about 55 calories per serving.

you could also chunk it up and lay it on a salad.

you could also dress it with salsa.

mmmmmmm pork.
  • hmmmm
    hmmmm Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Chop it up, I actually use my smart chopper/grinder, heat it, then I would put it in tortillas either make quesadillas or tacos. Just add cheese, tomatoes lettuce or whatever you want. You can add bbq sauce or seasonings to the meat to add more flavor.
  • PunkinHeadsMOMMA
    Options
    I would say make kinda like a Baja Taco thing. Shred up your pork. Throw together some low-fat sour cream (or greek yogurt), salsa (or a fresh pico ie peppers,onion, tomato), cilantro a dash of lime juice. Then put your pork on a tortilla (or pita bread) with the sauce and shred up some cabbage (I like both red and green) throw in some extra veggies if you like. Yummy.:wink:
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    mmm...those all sound good thanks :flowerforyou:
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Chop it up, I actually use my smart chopper/grinder, heat it, then I would put it in tortillas either make quesadillas or tacos. Just add cheese, tomatoes lettuce or whatever you want. You can add bbq sauce or seasonings to the meat to add more flavor.

Tacos or quesadillas would be soooo good! I would just add some cholula sauce and let it simmer to get a nice spicy taste to it. If you want to ditch the tortilla, you could make a taco salad with just a few chips and your favorite toppings.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I put lettuce on a plate and clear out the middle a bit.
    In the centre I add corn, peas and the pork all mix up with some steak spice (no salt version if you can get it) or whatever spices you like.
    I think a small amount of shredded cheese on the top adds something great to it.
    I pretty much eat it all together, the lettuce and the mixture but I put the lettuce moslty on the outside so the heat from the centre doesn't make the lettuce all yucky.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    BBQ sandwiches - warm up the pork with Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ - original or honey are my favs

put on wheat bun

serve with fruit salad and maybe oven roasted potatoes