Martial Arts/ Budokon??

So I'm interested in Budokon and i ordered the DVD for beginners. I am going to try it and let you know what i think.
But here is a little about it and a cool demo of it on youtube...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aXXXmQKnCA
it looks realy cool!
:happy:
wow and here is the best martial arts demo i've ever seen it's nuts!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4zLJI6fwR8
:noway: :love:
The Physical Practice of Budokon
The Budokon physical practice draws upon ancient and modern yogic and martial arts styles. The foundation of the Budokon physical practice is precision, alignment and Zen mind. All Budokon techniques are designed to explore the body's full range of motion. The practice dances between agility, control, speed, power, balance and flow. The physical practice is divided into two themes: The Yogic Series, and the Budo Series. Both themes constantly draw from and depend on each other. The Budokon Yogic Series was heavily influenced by Iyengar and Ashtanga yogic techniques and alignment. The focus is on control, calm, power and precision. These techniques are uniquely different from traditional Hatha Yoga in the sense that they not only work to improve range of motion and strength, but they also explore the body's ability to sustain another person's body weight. The Budokon Budo Series is a combination of standing and ground techniques drawn primarily from Okinawan Karate-Do, Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, and Olympic Style Tae Kwon Do. The objective of this series is to teach agility, power, focus and flow in the body and mind. - Cameron Shayne
Creator & Founder

Replies

• So I'm interested in Budokon and i ordered the DVD for beginners. I am going to try it and let you know what i think.
    But here is a little about it and a cool demo of it on youtube...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4aXXXmQKnCA
    it looks realy cool!
    :happy:
    wow and here is the best martial arts demo i've ever seen it's nuts!!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4zLJI6fwR8
    :noway: :love:
    The Physical Practice of Budokon
    The Budokon physical practice draws upon ancient and modern yogic and martial arts styles. The foundation of the Budokon physical practice is precision, alignment and Zen mind. All Budokon techniques are designed to explore the body's full range of motion. The practice dances between agility, control, speed, power, balance and flow. The physical practice is divided into two themes: The Yogic Series, and the Budo Series. Both themes constantly draw from and depend on each other. The Budokon Yogic Series was heavily influenced by Iyengar and Ashtanga yogic techniques and alignment. The focus is on control, calm, power and precision. These techniques are uniquely different from traditional Hatha Yoga in the sense that they not only work to improve range of motion and strength, but they also explore the body's ability to sustain another person's body weight. The Budokon Budo Series is a combination of standing and ground techniques drawn primarily from Okinawan Karate-Do, Gracie Jiu-Jitsu, and Olympic Style Tae Kwon Do. The objective of this series is to teach agility, power, focus and flow in the body and mind. - Cameron Shayne
    Creator & Founder
    default Posts: 124 Member
    I do MMA, Hapkido, and kickboxing...I don't know much about Bodukun, but martial arts is one of the best workouts you can choose. It helps flexibility, meet new people, self esteem and countless other things. I will probaly have to drop MMA due to scheduling conflicts, but you really don't get a better workout period.

A note on Budokon, from what you expressed it seems like another one of those all in one martial arts that claims to be better then anything else out there, my advice is this is always a line of BS. Go find a credible MA class and join it, you'll get 100X the rewards then watching someone on a dvd saying how dominent his system is.
  • I do MMA, Hapkido, and kickboxing...I don't know much about Bodukun, but martial arts is one of the best workouts you can choose. It helps flexibility, meet new people, self esteem and countless other things. I will probaly have to drop MMA due to scheduling conflicts, but you really don't get a better workout period.

A note on Budokon, from what you expressed it seems like another one of those all in one martial arts that claims to be better then anything else out there, my advice is this is always a line of BS. Go find a credible MA class and join it, you'll get 100X the rewards then watching someone on a dvd saying how dominent his system is.

ok thanks for your opinion but i don't think you have to be so negative. I would join a regular martial arts class but i am a single mom and fulltime college student. i have to go to a 24 hour fitness because the only time i can make it is around 10 pm. So the days that i can't make it i like to try new exciting dvds. I don't have an opinoin on wether or not budokon is the best or the worst because i havn't tried it. I just know that i like yoga and martial arts and the dvd will burn a lot of calories. I put the article up for people looking to try new things or for people who might be interested.
  • sorry to sound rude i had a bad day:ohwell:
    default Posts: 124 Member
    it's ok, I may have sounded negative about the budokon, because I don't like that there are so many of these kind of so called new martial art hybrids coming out from everywhere making outrageous statements like that. I think they are really trying to prey on people. Anyways, working out from home is kind of difficult sometimes, there's always distractions, the routine gets boring or whatever. I try to keep it simple from home, go running, jumproping (highly recommended), if you have the room..hanging a heavy bag and punching and kicking it for 1/2 hour, just make sure to have correct form and some nice training gloves/shin insteps for kicking. Might also be worthwhile to watch something on correct for if you want to do the boxing/kickboxing thing.
  • I am doing wushu..In a class...its a lot of fun..

I am into the beginner forms and now working on my butterfly kick (look for it in youtube if you wanna know what it ist)

I also think...if you want to do a sport..dont do it at home with a dvd...attend a class..meet new people.
    a dvd can never give you personal advice and never tell you what you do wrong

but dont get me wrong, its better than do nothing at all :)
  • I have the beginnner Budokon workout and it is AMAZING. The yoga part is hard at first...but hang in there. I really love it and I hope you enjoy it.
  • I am doing wushu..In a class...its a lot of fun..

I am into the beginner forms and now working on my butterfly kick (look for it in youtube if you wanna know what it ist)

I also think...if you want to do a sport..dont do it at home with a dvd...attend a class..meet new people.
    a dvd can never give you personal advice and never tell you what you do wrong

but dont get me wrong, its better than do nothing at all :)

I've wanted to try wushu. But i live in a small town and there isn't a lot of options.