Just had to share this as I was shocked!

I was just looking up on google How many calories to burn to lose a kilo (estimate!!).. that led me to Yahoo Answers.. got my answer.. but from that answer there was another question that's already been answered.. It shocked me, and actually disgusted me.

Here is the link:

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=Apupk6pSxWAuIQbbLjssxjbsxQt.;_ylv=3?qid=20120330192647AAaUyUJ

And the actual content:

What to do after a binge?
1 homemade cupcake ( 200? ) 1 fiber one brownie ( 90 ) 1/2 cup almond milk ( 60 ) Pumpkin muffin ( 110 ) Carrots ( 18 ) Lettuce ( 10 ) Broccoli ( 5 ) Celery ( 5 ) Strawberries ( 18 ) Fiber one cereal ( 60 ) Oatmeal ( 100 ) Pb2 ( 45 ) Larabar ( 200 ) Yogurt ( 50 ) 6 TBSP egg whites ( 50 ) Protein jello ( 25 )
5 more strawberries ( 18 ) Worst day ever. 1,200 That cupcake was nasty, the brownie was unnecessary, the muffin was also disgusting. I’m ******* sick.

The numbers are the calories next to it.

That all add's up to 1,200
I NEVER eat cupcakes or anything and I'm FREAKING OUT. Like seriously. I have/had anorexia so I'm soooo scared I'm going to gain because I usually eat so little!

3 hours ago
Report Abuse

Lolita Lolita
Best Answer - Chosen by Asker
Purge but it's too late now probably. Just exercise your *** off or fast tomorrow. Isn't it disgusting to know that you've eaten over 1000 calories. I try to keep it under 500 but I had a bad day today too. Guess I'm fasting tomorrow.
Source(s):
Me unfortunately

3 hours ago
Report Abuse

Asker's Rating:
3 out of 5
Asker's Comment:
It was to late.
I'm fasting

Seriously? This girl was fretting that she ate 1200 calories.. the other girl tries to only eat 500! How are these people not dead or seriously malnourished? My God.

Replies

• Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Why are you expecting things you find on Yahoo Answers to make sense?
  • dg09
    dg09 Posts: 754
    Well, it is Yahoo answers. On par with the intellectuals in Youtube comments.
  • NikkieLite
    NikkieLite Posts: 126 Member
    These girls have eating disorders. I'm less shocked and more sad for them because I've been there and it sucks. And they probably are malnourished or possibly dead. Or at least very unhealthy from the constant abuse on their bodies between binging, purging, and restricting. :(
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Welcome to the internet! Hiya!

:waves:
  • jkdarby
    jkdarby Posts: 53 Member
    Wow...just wow.

7163378.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • sazroy
    sazroy Posts: 262 Member
    Lol I hate some of the answer on yahoo answers but sometimes they are legit.. I was just shocked that there's people on there that are so freely talking about it as well. I know someone who had an eating disorder.. she kept it secret, even to those close to her, yet these girls are just.. wow.
  • hazelnut861
    hazelnut861 Posts: 390 Member
    What disturbs me is her bad math. It only added up to 1,064 calories. Oh and yeah the psychology behind it is disturbing too.
  • sazroy
    What disturbs me is her bad math. It only added up to 1,064 calories. Oh and yeah the psychology behind it is disturbing too.

LOL! I didn't even bother to check that!

I wasn't meaning anything offensive by it either, I know eating disorders are serious but it does frustrate me, it's the same emotion I get when someone sits infront of me and eat and eat and eat and eat (crap food) then whinge "I don't understand why I'm fat", (or they eat and eat and eat and don't gain weight and there I am eating a salad with no dressing and was still gaining weight.)

My cousin has an eating disorder, she doesn't believe it and unfortunately no one else acknowledges it. Instead her mum thinks it's great that she's so thin and has made her children feel fat their whole lives. She (my cousin) didn't eat a single thing for a week just so she could fit into the formal dress she wanted. These people make me angry, my cousin makes me angry. I am afraid to hug her because she is so thin. Last time I did hug her, her collar bone jutted out that far that it actually hurt me when we pressed against each other. Yet she calls herself fat. She's got what my partner and I call "praying mantis" posture where she always holds her arms up near her chest and her head is too heavy for her body so she can't stand up straight.. yet people instead of letting her know their concerns always tell her how good she's looking everytime she loses weight. Omg I'm ranting but I needed to vent that.. I posted this because I read it, and become angry, because I read it and think of my cousin.
  • Amy_nz
    Amy_nz Posts: 145
    The first time I heard about pro-ana sites I thought 'surely not'. And swiftly googled and found a disturbing number.

I was shocked. Still am, frankly. It's such a dangerous illness, and unfortunately the internet makes all sorts of things far too accessible. There but for the grace of God go I - yes, I've had an unhealthy relationship with food for much of my life. But I've done less damage to my body (and mind) than I would have done if I had gone down the anorexia or bulemia route.
  • sazroy
    The first time I heard about pro-ana sites I thought 'surely not'. And swiftly googled and found a disturbing number.

I was shocked. Still am, frankly. It's such a dangerous illness, and unfortunately the internet makes all sorts of things far too accessible. There but for the grace of God go I - yes, I've had an unhealthy relationship with food for much of my life. But I've done less damage to my body (and mind) than I would have done if I had gone down the anorexia or bulemia route.

I know and so many celebs are pro-ana as well. Keira Knightley is disgustingly thin and still says she's much fatter than other people going for roles she's been going for, which is pretty much impossible, she doesn't see herself as thin, and too many people don't see themselves for who they actually are, in reference to both ends of the scale, so many overweight people think they're fine and healthy and they're in the morbidly obese range!

**Edit**
    When I say disgustingly thin I'm not saying that in a mean way.