Birthday Dinner Ideas?

Options
Alright. This is where I lose my steam every single year. My Mom's birthday is June 2. Mine is June 5. And then we have vacation starting on June 8. We have 2-3 nights we're planning on eating out from June 8 - June 17 and my mother is picking her restaurant of choice on June 2. I have no desire to go out to eat for my own birthday but my mom keeps insisting I pick somewhere. I don't want to go! Maybe I'm being a scrooge because my husband won't be here but I honestly get tired of going out. Does anyone have a suggestion on either:
1) A cheap place I can still eat healthy and appease my mother. OR
2) An idea I can give my mom for something she can do for me on that day instead. I was kind of thinking of asking her to do her home made pizza crust in her bread maker and we could make our own pizzas.

I am extremely picky and the thought of paying $8 for a bowl of lettuce and cheese makes me want to cry. My Mom offered to buy my dinner but they are super tight on money right now and I feel guilty having them spend any money on me. Every single holiday growing up was just an excuse to eat crap. And of course there was a cake for each of our birthdays. I just can't get it through her head that I can enjoy the day without blowing a week's worth of calories! :angry:

Replies

• Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Give each other home mani/pedi's and a little massage? Do a craft project together? Sort through old pictures and create scrap/memento albums? Spend the day together yard-saling or thrift store shopping? Make dinner together, something you wouldn't normally make or eat out?