My Running Victory!

Options
2»

Replies

• courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! :)
    running is terribly addictive--and a great calorie burner too ;)

"What does it mean to be a runner? Simply that you run. 'To move legs quickly,' says the Oxford English Dictionary. '(the one foot being lifted before the other is set down) so as to go at a faster pace than walking; to cover ground, make one's way, rapidly in this manner.' Now consider what the dictionary says about jogging: 'To move up and down or to and fro with a heavy unsteady motion; to move on at a heavy or labored pace, to trudge.' Is that the kind of activity you see yourself doing? No. You don't jog - you run. It doesn't matter how fast, how far, or how often you run, if you're moving faster than you would if you were walking, you are a runner. Not all (people) believe this about themselves, however."
    ~ "The Complete Book of Running for Women" by Claire Kowalchik

I was JUST pulling out my book to quote that lol!! I picked up that book a couple of weeks ago to get me more into my c25k and read that just the other day!

And Congrats!!!! I'm doing Couch to 5k...I ran/walked a 5k in March, but I just ran 20 minutes non stop for the first time yesterday...it was hard but it feels so great when I was done lol!
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! That's a huge accomplishment!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I wouldn't add the disclaimer. I'd just say you did it. That's awesome!
  • jlambert77
    jlambert77 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    congratulations!! :)
    running is terribly addictive--and a great calorie burner too ;)

"What does it mean to be a runner? Simply that you run. 'To move legs quickly,' says the Oxford English Dictionary. '(the one foot being lifted before the other is set down) so as to go at a faster pace than walking; to cover ground, make one's way, rapidly in this manner.' Now consider what the dictionary says about jogging: 'To move up and down or to and fro with a heavy unsteady motion; to move on at a heavy or labored pace, to trudge.' Is that the kind of activity you see yourself doing? No. You don't jog - you run. It doesn't matter how fast, how far, or how often you run, if you're moving faster than you would if you were walking, you are a runner. Not all (people) believe this about themselves, however."
    ~ "The Complete Book of Running for Women" by Claire Kowalchik

I was JUST pulling out my book to quote that lol!! I picked up that book a couple of weeks ago to get me more into my c25k and read that just the other day!

And Congrats!!!! I'm doing Couch to 5k...I ran/walked a 5k in March, but I just ran 20 minutes non stop for the first time yesterday...it was hard but it feels so great when I was done lol!

good job!! :)
  • ddiestler
    ddiestler Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Love it! After the first 5k the rest is easy! I started out much like you walking and running very slowly..and short, short distances.. After a year..I now can run 4 miles 3-4 times a week. Sometimes more, sometimes less. Now, I realized I will never win any races or set record times..however, I am doing it.

Once your hooked on running.........watch out:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!