2 weeks at the same weight

Options
I am 5 weeks into my diet and the first three weeks I did pretty good, about 1.7 lbs a week lost, but these past two weeks I have been up and down. I have not changed anything (that I can tell), I'm still coming in under my calorie count and am exercising on a daily basis to the average of 420 calories burned a day. I don't understand what can be going on, any thoughts?

As for growing muscle vs. losing fat, I thought of that but my scale (Tantia) still says my BF% is average 20.4% across these past two weeks.

Thanks for any suggestions and/or information about what is going on. I know people have weeks they do not loose, I guess I'd like to know why and what can be done about it.

Replies

• PeggyWoodson
    PeggyWoodson Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    This is a question I'm still trying to find the answer to myself. I've been dieting since January 5th and I've lost 6 lbs. Part of my issue appears to be some of my medication. I will be checking back to see the responses to your question. I do plan to stick with it as I see this as a healthy life change rather than just the four letter word (diet). I know I'm eating better than ever before and I know this is something I can stick with. I feel better and my clothes fit better but the weight is just not going anywhere.
  • ladyraven68
    ladyraven68 Posts: 2,003 Member
    Options
    I am 5 weeks into my diet and the first three weeks I did pretty good, about 1.7 lbs a week lost, but these past two weeks I have been up and down. I have not changed anything (that I can tell), I'm still coming in under my calorie count and am exercising on a daily basis to the average of 420 calories burned a day. I don't understand what can be going on, any thoughts?

As for growing muscle vs. losing fat, I thought of that but my scale (Tantia) still says my BF% is average 20.4% across these past two weeks.

Thanks for any suggestions and/or information about what is going on. I know people have weeks they do not loose, I guess I'd like to know why and what can be done about it.

It's hard to say without more information

What is your BMR and TDEE? (http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/bmr/)
    How many calories are you eating?
    How much do you have to lose?

An dyou will need to open your diary so people can see what you are eating.
  • jeremy_c
    jeremy_c Posts: 21
    Options
    I have been using another calorie tracker for most of my diet, I just recently switched to My Fitness Pal, thus not much history exists. I am thinking of adding in the last two-three weeks of food/exercise data. As for my goals, My Fitness Pal has suggested a very low 1,200 calories a day intake. Now, I burn ~400 calories a day in exercising, but for the rest of the day I am a computer programmer, thus desk junkie. So, in the end w/MFP I wind up eating about 1,600 calories a day. According to http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools/bmr-calculator my BMR is 1,744. As for my TDEE, going through the math, I an a light activity person thus my multiplier is 1.2, 1,744 x 1.2 = 2092.8. Add on another 400 calories for additional activities above and beyond my norm and I come up with 2492.8. Shooting for 2 lbs of weight loss a week, that means -1,000 calories a day equates to what I think is 1492.8 calories a day for food intake. I adjust my dinner to accommodate my varied exercise, 300-500 calories a day. I always come in a little below the budget, sometimes by 100-150 calories. I do not feel hungry during the day and rarely have a problem keeping under my calories. Some days when a twix bar really looks good, I do have to do additional exercise, but across 6 weeks I've only been over my calorie count twice.
  • VanessaMFaulkner
    Options
    Try an egg day...
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    The scale you step on only measures your body fat up to about your hips...and if you use the hand held one it measures the top half of your body's body fat. So you would have to average that out to get close to your true body fat %.

Just thought I would through that out there.