Anyone that uses Body Fortress ...

I am new to protein powder and I bought the super advanced whey protein one. Should I have gotten the super advanced whey isolate one? Could not figure out which was better or why. And should I be mixing it just with water? or skim milk? And in the blender or just a glass and spoon? Sorry so many questions, but I want to do this right.

Replies

• carrie_eggo
    carrie_eggo Posts: 1,396 Member
    You are just fine :) Mix it with whatever you want as long as it fits into your calorie and carb/protein/fat goals. I even stir it into greek yogurt sometimes. Use it to meet your daily protein requirements when whole foods can't. It's not a magical weight loss supplement....there is no right or wrong way. :flowerforyou:
  • PositivelyFlawed
    PositivelyFlawed Posts: 316 Member
    My hubby and I use Body Fortress. We started out using Super Advanced Whey - Chocolate and it was just fine, but you had to use a blender or processor because the powder clumps. You can do it with milk or water and it still tastes good. Hubby uses milk and I use a combo of 1 cup water and 1 cup milk. This cuts down on calories.

Last week we switched to whey isolate - vanilla cream and I love it! It is so yummy in water or milk and the Isolate has 30g protein and dissolves without a blender so you can just stir with a spoon, which is a huge convenience.

I highly recommend the Whey Isolate in Vanilla, but there is certainly nothing wrong with the other Body Fortress varieties!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    The isolate just has slightly more protein for the calories, but I think it's only like 10 grams. And the non-isolate stuff comes in more flavors. I mix mine with milk. It tastes better. Mixing it with water makes it lower calories. I use a blender, or a blender bottle. It doesn't mix well with just a spoon. I also like to mix fruit in with mine. Bananas are fabulous.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    You are just fine :) Mix it with whatever you want as long as it fits into your calorie and carb/protein/fat goals. I even stir it into greek yogurt sometimes. Use it to meet your daily protein requirements when whole foods can't. It's not a magical weight loss supplement....there is no right or wrong way. :flowerforyou:

What she said! :smile:
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
  • rubysphoto
    rubysphoto Posts: 254 Member
    We use the body fortress from walmart. I mix it with unsweetened almond milk in a shaker bottle, the wife adds ice and uses the oster little blender.
  • thefuzz1290
    thefuzz1290 Posts: 777 Member
    The cheaper stuff is fine....make sure you don't get the Mass Gainer (680 calories per serving).
  • myak623
    myak623 Posts: 615 Member
    Body Fortress is just fine. I've used it several times. It doesn't mix as easily as some and it makes me fart a lot. Other than that, it's good.
  • rchambers2072
    rchambers2072 Posts: 227 Member
    Getting some good ideas, thanks! I think I will try it in some Greek yogurt and also in my oatmeal. Will also try it in the blender with skim milk a a couple of frozen strawberries ... Keep the suggestions coming!