• albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    maybe add some peanut oil to it....

comedian
  • tmpetrie01
    tmpetrie01 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    ya i normally eat teddys too...i have some pb2 i bought as well....to get rid of it i use it along with my protein powder in smoothies...and now i stick to what i normally eat (the teddys) i find it the best or natural unsalted almond butter :)
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    I use it mixed into protein shakes and oatmeal. I also discovered it is better mixed into the oatmeal after it is cooked, otherwise it does tend to get lumpy. I have a recipe for peanut butter mixed into Greek yogurt to dip apple slices into for a snack. I haven't tried it with PB2 yet, but expect it will work well. This is very good - and gives you some protein with your fruit.
  • qadosh2him
    Options
    hi ,
    I just bought some also. I haven't tried it yet but did google recipes...I found a site that has TONS of PB2 recipes. Here is the URL:

http://bellplantation.com/recipes
    I hope it helps
  • theflyingartist
    theflyingartist Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    PB2: NOT peanut butter, especially if you adore peanut butter.

I basically had to learn to accept my fate that peanut butter is not acceptable, but this watered down version of it is.

Sometimes I miss real PB and sometimes I'm thankful for PB2.
    It's best in recipes or mixed with chocolate.
  • Brennaohh
    Brennaohh Posts: 47
    Options
    thanks guys!!!

I cant wait to start experimenting with it (:
  • nicsnutrition
    Options
    Here are my suggestions!

•Apple Dip: Mix 2 tbsp of PB2 to 1.5-2 tbsp of milk to create a 'dip' like creamy consistency
    •Oatmeal/Porridge: Add 1-2 tbsp of PB2 & 1 tbsp of dessicated coconut (& 1/2 a chopped banana) AFTER cooking
    •Smoothies/Shakes: Add 1-2 tbsp of PB2 to a milkshake & frozen banana smoothie or your protein shake
    •Pancakes: Add 1-2 tbsp to your pancake mix before cooking
    •Cookies: Add 1-2 tbsp to your dry cookie mix before combining the wet ingredients
    •Banana Cream: Mix 2 tbsp of PB2 to 1 tbsp of milk & smooth onto semi-frozen banana chunks
    •Ice-Cream: Blend a frozen banana with fat-free Greek yoghurt & 2 tbsp of PB2 or use in your Yonanas
    •Granola: Add to your 1-2 tbsp of PB2 to your granola mix before baking
    •Yoghurt: Add 1-2 tbsp of PB2 to plain yoghurt

nicsnutrition.com

Nic x
  • jazzcat55
    jazzcat55 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I threw mine out!
    Oh no! :sad:

For me, PB2 is definitely not a substitute for my beloved Adams Natural Crunchy peanut butter. I savor that as an occasional treat. But PB2 is great mixed into things to give them a peanut buttery flavor...smoothies, oatmeal, protein bars, and such...without all the fat and calories. The Bell Plantation site has tons of great-sounding recipes that I plan on trying.

I'm really curious about the chocolate version.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i like it mixed as regular pb, maybe my taste buds are just weird haha.
    a favorite of mine is to mix the powder in oatmeal and add a little maple syrup. very tasty.
    also good in a protein shake with chocolate protein powder, half a banana and the pb2 with coconut milk, ice and greek yogurt.
    i dip apples in it as well but you may not like that if it isn't mixed.
    also it is good blended with frozen banana chocolate protein powder
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I purchased PB2 Regular and Chocolate in hopes of adding that to my already protein-fortified milk to down right after intense 2-hr cycles where am burning upwards +1700 cal. I was sadly disappointed. It has been sitting in my cupboard after a several attempts to "do" something with it. For me, having those extra cals that really didn't satisfy my taste buds were not worth it.

To add, I make my own PB with raw unsalted peanuts from Whole Foods with my Vitamix. Been doing that for years. It is completely more satisfying then to have a boatload of the PB2.

To each his own, I say!