Rest Days

Options
Just curious... do you take rest days from excercise? Or do you find a way to burn calories every day? What is your fitness routine? How many days cardio, how many days strength training? I am trying to find a routine but am still undecided.

For now, I am working out 6 days a week. Monday I will go to a track and run/walk 2ish miles. Tuesday I will do some time on my elliptical and do pilates for abs and work on my arms. And I just go back and forth generally resting either Saturday or Sunday.

It is working, but just like the mistake of not eating enough calories, I don't want to not get enough rest.

Replies

• GretelPetal91
    Options
    on Sundays, the gym is shut and on Mondays and Tuesdays I don't have time for it. So instead I will do a workout video or just make something up with some weights and floor mat. If I'm feeling buggered, I don't push myself otherwise I feel like I've just woken up from surgery and can't function properly.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    A rest day is recommended by most "experts" and training/exercise programs. Some people take one or two, some people don't. Personally, I take at least one day off every week. Two if I feel I need it (like today!) because my body is tired or extra sore or whatever. That's not to say I won't possibly take an easy walk with my family or something, but no planned, strenuous exercise.

My basic routine is a workout DVD 5-6 days a week (I'm a Jillian junkie, so I rotate through her DVDs, Ripped In 30, Kickbox FastFix, 6 Week Six-Pack, Killer Buns & Thighs are my favorites), alternating days between workouts with and without weights, and I run 3 days a week, and usually get a long brisk walk on the non-run days.