Profile Pics...

Options
Ok I have been on here a lot and when I look and see how many peeps have joined...why cant they take the time and fill out a profile or for that matter add a pic...is it really to much to ask..I mean it would be nice to see a face instead of the generic blue pic generated. I dont get it...

Replies

• SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Ok I have been on here a lot and when I look and see how many peeps have joined...why cant they take the time and fill out a profile or for that matter add a pic...is it really to much to ask..I mean it would be nice to see a face instead of the generic blue pic generated. I dont get it...
    Some people don't want their faces on the site.
    I happened to post progress photos a few weeks ago, progress that I was REALLY proud of, and someone told me that I am still fat and hopefully I'll lose more, but "good job".

It still bothers me and I will never post my photo again here. So. Everyone has their reasons.
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I happened to post progress photos a few weeks ago, progress that I was REALLY proud of, and someone told me that I am still fat and hopefully I'll lose more, but "good job".

It still bothers me and I will never post my photo again here. So. Everyone has their reasons.

What an as$hat! I am so sorry that a jerk like that had to make a nasty comment. They were obviously putting you down to somehow make themselves feel more superior.

I have just added a profile picture recently. I don't like having my picture taken, so I don't have many of myself. I am also the one who takes all the pictures, so I am always behind the camera. I haven't filled out my profile information because I haven't felt like doing it.
  • GretelPetal91
    Options
    I like to see profile pictures of faces, not boobs or legs etc. But I can understand that a lot of people on this website have insecurities, so perhaps they could have a photo of something they love such as a pet or a pumpkin (I LOVE pumpkins)
  • jcriscuolo
    jcriscuolo Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I understand the anonimity thing. My Facebook has a fake name and an email account that I never use. But MFP feels a little safer so I posted a photo and filled out the profile.
  • Neiges
    Neiges Posts: 6
    Options
    It's their right to remain anonymous if they prefer it so. I for one didn't even realize this was an actual community when I was asked to create an account by a phone application. I just wanted a place to log my meals and progress and this was pretty much it.
  • k0nfyo0zed
    k0nfyo0zed Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    i have pictures of my face... but my cat needs to lose weight too, and i love the picture. so she gets to represent me in the internet for now.

(p.s. she is currently sitting next to me letting me know it's time for food)
  • idcatiej22
    idcatiej22 Posts: 49 Member
    Options

who said that?! that is absolutely awful!!!! i'm sure you are beautiful - inside and out (unlike that jerk!). stay positive =)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    No pics?
    Two words....Anthony Weiner
  • TheReese1206
    Options
    I have a pic but no info. I don't feel like sharing certain things. If I do.....I will share it with only certain people.
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I don't post a close up face pic anymore because I took a bad fall off of icy steps in November. My face broke my fall on concrete. I did post a face pic recently only for a little while to try and help my self esteem. It did help a little, but I think I like my curent pic better. My crooked face pic is still in my photos and I don't really care who sees it. I am not here to win a beauty pagent. I am here to lose weight and get healty. If people judge me by my face, well, they have a problem.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

What an as$hat! I am so sorry that a jerk like that had to make a nasty comment. They were obviously putting you down to somehow make themselves feel more superior.

[/quote]

It hasn't happened to me yet, but you are right. People can just be so mean sometimes. I would much prefer for people to be supportive and caring rather than judgmental or cruel. Some people, me included, have come to this realization that carrying extra weight time is over. Personally, I love my starting and middle side by side picture.

Right now, my profile picture is the frumpy chipmunk--ran out of extra $$$ to go down a size a month ago, so I pretty much look like her. That's okay though...I'm wearing size 14 pants and 12 jeans, but in another two weeks, I'm ordering a size 10 pants and size 8 jeans from my very favorite store, and I'm hoping in the next 2 weeks that the extra holes I'm drilling in my belt make it work!

So ha to the <:noway: see above quote:noway: ---:glasses: love that word:glasses: >. Don't look for other people to put down and drag through the mud....hit at me and I'll hit you right back with my grit, gumption and sense of style! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: For all of y'all! Kick it! We are doing this--show off your successes because you never know how far your work will inspire others to stick with it!
  • lanenalatina
    lanenalatina Posts: 239 Member
    Options

^^^ I feel exsactly like you!! I wounder the same thing!!!

6540321.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Steve_Runs
    Steve_Runs Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    I have a p[ic and info. I mean, isn't that the point?
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I don't see why it matters. I didn't use the forums for a while when I first joined... I only used the site to track calories. I still had a picture but there wasn't a point to it since no one looked at my page.
  • GoldspursX3
    GoldspursX3 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I only have my profile pic because I love showing off my fiancee with me. I don't bother filling out my profile info because I'm not looking for friends on here. The only friend I have on here is my fiancee.
  • beduffbrickie
    beduffbrickie Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I see why it matters, its makes it more personal in mine opinion, if someone adds me and they dont have a pic or have filled no info about them selves in, then I wont bother accepting, I like to get to know the people, and with a pic and profile history it makes it like your actually talking to someone. and worth the while supporting them.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i hate pics of myself, and i named myself after my little clyde face, so i figure he should be the profile pic.

i did fill out my profile info, and i have lots of friends, so i want them to know what i'm all about.. makes it easier to be friends :)
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    I didn't put up a face pic for quite a while. Most of my friends didn't know what I looked like when they added me. Guess they took it on faith that I wasn't a creep living in my mom's basement :tongue:
  • LilRedRooster
    LilRedRooster Posts: 1,421 Member
    Options
    Some people aren't comfortable having their faces and such personal information available to people online. My boyfriend doesn't even have a Facebook because he just doesn't like having his personal self online. So even though we live together, there are no photos of him anywhere on my account, because I respect that he doesn't like it.

It's a personal thing. Me, I like being friendly.
  • jcameron731
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the insight...I never thought about it that way..I appreciate the great community of friends and thoughts people have on here..Please if you would like add me..I always look for encouragement for losing weight and the great comments that people leave.